PDA

View Full Version : TCS module?

Cochese
March 29th, 2012, 00:24
I have my beast in for a recall (gas tank issue) and some warranty work on leaky valve cover gaskets and UCA bushings. I also have an issue with the TCS light coming on intermittently. The dealership says the module is bad or going bad. It is $750 for a new one installed.

I think I'll be replacing it myself with a known good used part from Shokan, etc. or on here if I can source one. Is it hard to swap? Also, does anyone have a part number. I tried to search for it online but cannot find it.

Thanks!

marklar182
March 29th, 2012, 03:01
Does the TCS light stay on until you restart the car? I have this issue and it is a flakey Yaw Sensor.

Best to scan the car yourself, get the codes and address rather than paying the stealer :)

Cochese
March 29th, 2012, 21:22
Does the TCS light stay on until you restart the car? I have this issue and it is a flakey Yaw Sensor.

Best to scan the car yourself, get the codes and address rather than paying the stealer :)

That's exactly what it does. Goes off on a restart. Yaw sensor huh? That should be cheaper. :) I have a Kiwi OBD II Bluetooth adapter and Torque so I will pull it next time it shows up. I sent to Shokan to inquire about the TCS module but they asked for a PN which I can't find anyway online. Lol

marklar182
March 29th, 2012, 21:31
New yaw sensor is almost $600 new as well.

Cochese
March 29th, 2012, 21:34
New yaw sensor is almost $600 new as well.

Wow. I'm glad I don't have a car payment!