PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever bought URO suspension parts?

MNRS6
March 25th, 2012, 03:35
I need to replace the upper control arms (forward and rearward) and I notice a couple of brands for sale. I see the URO brand parts are suspiciously cheap while the Beck/Arnley are not so cheap. Has anyone had experience with either brand?

Thanks

JSRS6
March 25th, 2012, 11:51
go with beck/arnley or preferably meyle HD.

hahnmgh63
March 25th, 2012, 15:28
I prefer Meyle over Febi/Bilstein but I looked up the URO stuff and there new to the car stuff but there stuff seems to have a good reputation with the Heavy road rig stuff and they're an American Company. Time will tell how there stuff is, if you buy it let us know how it looks.

4everRS
March 25th, 2012, 16:16
How about TRW?

MNRS6
March 30th, 2012, 19:32
I went with the URO upper control arms ($88 for all 4 arms!!) I should be installing on Sunday and I will let you know how they work.

Thanks
Jim

mik15
April 1st, 2012, 17:28
let us know because it looks like mine are going bad and i am scooping the market for upper and lower control arms, i want to replace all of them! Strange as the last owner did this in Audi dealership and they've only changed the bushings and not the complete arms, but they've only lasted for less than 30k miles....not long enough! has anyone changed just the bushings? Is it cost effective?

MNRS6
April 1st, 2012, 20:32
I installed one side so far. Pretty straight forward process if you follow the DIY writeup, http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21251-DIY-Replace-Upper-Control-Arms-easy-way?p=193996&highlight=#post193996

I have only replaced the drivers side so far because the bushings were actually broken on that side. I ordered the passenger side at the same time but I can install that any time. I can feel the difference with the new arm, straightened up and firmed up the ride. I will get an alignment after I install the passenger side.

At $25 per arm (http://www.rockauto.com), the price is right as well, lets see how long they last.

Thanks
Jim

mik15
April 3rd, 2012, 06:38
i am still scooping the market and there seem to be a large number of manufacturers for these items, has anyone tried Ruville or Mapco? On ebay.de there is a huge number of listings with front control arm kits...