PDA

View Full Version : RS4 rims

Jimmy
March 16th, 2012, 12:01
Nothing new to see really...just another Blue car with the 19x9 rims. :hahahehe:

Tom Sawyer
March 16th, 2012, 12:27
Nothing new to see really...just another Blue car with the 19x9 rims. :hahahehe:

Yep, average car with plain jane 19's. :lovl:

This pretty much solidifies my plan for finding a set of these for my beast, thanks for posting the pic! Gorgeous!!!

I'm curious, any weight savings over the RS 6 18's?

Jimmy
March 16th, 2012, 13:55
Thanks TS...get some !

No, no weight savings, in fact I feel how much heavier they are over the 18s and I swear it makes the car noticeably slower off the line.

Now I'm trying to decide to sell or keep the last full set of Hartmann HRS6 5 spoke euro-reps in 19x9 I recently also got ....at 35mm they might (or not) fit so well on the allroad.

lswing
March 16th, 2012, 14:56
Looks better than I thought it would, nice pic too, congrats on the good choice!

Tom Sawyer
March 17th, 2012, 14:49
Thanks TS...get some !

No, no weight savings, in fact I feel how much heavier they are over the 18s and I swear it makes the car noticeably slower off the line.

Now I'm trying to decide to sell or keep the last full set of Hartmann HRS6 5 spoke euro-reps in 19x9 I recently also got ....at 35mm they might (or not) fit so well on the allroad.

Guess that makes sense being OEM, bummer that the SOP power seems to have taken a hit. I had Neuspeed RS-10's on my B6 S4 and they came in at 19 lbs each and the difference was very noticeable (to the positive). I wouldn't mind having a set of those on the RS 6, have seen a couple pics of them on our cars and they look good. Unfortunatley forged light weight wheels are going to be much more $$ than picking up these but I do hate to take a hit on performance (because you know, there is so little to spare...haha).

NSU RS6
March 17th, 2012, 18:10
snip..... Bummer that the SOP power seems to have taken a hit.

I think that SOP power takes a hit after the first week just because. Every car I have had......"oooh that RS2 Turbo is awesome".......lasts for a week or so, then that is the new norm.

Silly me has a snafu on the C6 RS6 wheels I have arriving Monday, which are actually the same style off of an S5 (B8?). New Audis are running 66.5mm hubs - our cars are 57.1. So now H&R hub adapter/spacers are on order. I was going to add 8mm spacers to these et33 wheels anyway to get to the stock et25, but was not planning to have to adapt. Decided to stay OEM (Speedline Italy), rather than Hartmann, which I have heard is a pretty good wheel.

Did these wheels require an adapter to 66.5 also? I was considering these wheels too, they look pretty damn nice. OEM always looks best IMO.

Jimmy
March 19th, 2012, 10:55
Nope, no spacers needed on these Rs4 rims. The hub hole fit snug over the hub.

As for the weight of these, I'm hoping the extra poundage soaks up the bumps and prevents bends. I rarely track it so a liteweight rim isn't so necessary.

It's not a deal killer, it's just physics...larger rims take longer to get rolling off the line. The ride is pretty acceptable too , considering.

mastazero
March 19th, 2012, 18:05
greetings from Switzerland )

Jimmy
March 19th, 2012, 18:24
Greetings ! Was ist los?

ben916
March 19th, 2012, 19:52
greetings from Switzerland )

Hi! Bot much?

dab
March 20th, 2012, 14:30
12465 Pic of my forged hartmann rs/4. These are lighter than the stock wheels, 22 versus 19 I believe. Hard to keep clean and are very soft seem to bend easy as in going across railroad tracks bent these wheels.

TTurboguy
March 25th, 2012, 00:47
Those wheels look great!