PDA

View Full Version : 5HP24A software question - cold running mode

March 15th, 2012, 13:22
Last chance before the tranny gets pulled. So transmission slipping when warm in 1,2,3,4 gear. Works fine when cold. Appears to be an A clutch. Tried Trans-x additive and it got better but still slipping.

So the TCU from what I can tell adjusts the line pressure when the transmission is cold vs. hot to supposedly extend the transmission life. The Audi diagnostics shows that on the VAG block 4, field 4, 3rd digit is the control for hot/cold mode.

The Audi diagnostics says 1 if it is in cold mode and 0 if it is in hot mode. I used the VCDS-Lite and my TCU shows 0 until the trans temp gets to about 23c and then shows 1 (cold mode). Any chance that it is coded backward in the TCU? Or the VCDS-Lite is wrong? Any one have VCDS-Lite that can check?

Hate to put a trans in and still have the TCU making a mess of it. Thanks all....

TozoM8
March 15th, 2012, 13:44
The TC is unlocked below 30C. Van-com will show TC open. Clutch A slip will show as incorrect gear ratio. So if your clutch A is slipping when warm, it is probably slipping in cold too, but you can't feel it because the TC is open.