PDA

View Full Version : Jumped on the crazy train yesterday

alrightroad
March 15th, 2012, 12:49
Daytona over ebony with only nav. 1 owner. 48K miles. 3/36 nearly-full coverage warranty added on. Although CarFax said 3 owners, I found out otherwise. Can’t trust those reports. Flew into Des Moines to check it out. Kevin (from here) drove over from Waterloo to meet up with me and check it out. Everything looked good. Thanks for professional eye, Kevin! Hopefully Todd sends you some business. Having the car shipped to me in Charleston, SC... will know more about arrival date today. So ready.

Now on to the important stuff... what to do. Car was a CT car whole life so a little corrosion up underneath but overall really solid car. I plan on hitting the minor corrosion with a soda blaster over time and working my way around to clean up the car and make it look more like a Southeast car (i.e., no snow or salt down here!). Paint and interior look incredible. Very good shape. Drove as expected. DRC has been done. Pads and rotors were just done also. Rear output shaft seal leak… no biggie. Driver’s side valve cover gasket slight seepage… no biggie. Will get those done as soon as the car arrives.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

My first order of business is to drive for a few weeks and get a feel of the current condition and performance. Take some logs, work out any base issues. Then on to a base tune. Thinking REVO and Eurocharge. I have an MTM tune on my allroad and like it but their RS6 ECU tune is too pricey. Will definitely go with MTM TCU modification soon (sending to our Canadian friend tuner everyone has migrated to). I have an RNS-E with BT module in my allroad so naturally those are on order from Zawa for RS6.<O:p</O:p

As far as I can tell and as far as the previous owner can recall the TC is original. Car was only driven a total of 15k miles up until January 2010 then it saw 33K miles run through until now. Guy drove it a lot from Jan 2010 up until now. Low mile car for sure. Thinking engine/tranny drop late this year with new TC, DP’s/cats/cat-back and IC’s (seals, other maintenance stuff while in there). Will need to work up the courage as I am about to drop engine/tranny on my allroad to go stage 3 (all parts purchased just waiting for right window of opportunity with the wife and kids to take up the whole garage for a month. Ha ha!). First time for me pulling an engine. Honey badger don’t care.<O:p</O:p

I am mostly over on Quattroworld in the allroad forum but looking forward to splitting my time here from now on! Guys/gal, thanks for all your input and answers up until now… you helped with my purchase and I appreciate that.

VIN 905219

MaxRS6
March 15th, 2012, 13:06
A big congrats!..and of course...Welcome aboard the..

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

vitalian
March 15th, 2012, 15:56
Hurray! :addict:

When the car arrives, you must post some pics of your new baby for all of us to admire!

(And BTW, I've spent a little time in Charleston -- what a lovely place. Gives me a craving for some she-crab soup just thinking about it...)

Jimmy
March 15th, 2012, 16:05
Congrats !! Sounds nice.

I'm on AW too in the allroad forum ....I've called myself 'all(over)road' for the past 7or 8 years there. As you know tho, the Rs6 forum over there is worthless. This place rocks !

alrightroad
March 15th, 2012, 16:10
Hurray! :addict:

When the car arrives, you must post some pics of your new baby for all of us to admire!

(And BTW, I've spent a little time in Charleston -- what a lovely place. Gives me a craving for some she-crab soup just thinking about it...)

Will do. I have a few pics but not good quality. i'll post up one. CHS is a great place to live. Wife and I moved here 10 years ago when we decided it was time to have some mini me's. She-crab soup rocks. Just had some last week at lunch. Yum. Let me know if you plan on visiting again. We will be here..

alrightroad
March 15th, 2012, 16:40
Congrats !! Sounds nice.

I'm on AW too in the allroad forum ....I've called myself 'all(over)road' for the past 7or 8 years there. As you know tho, the Rs6 forum over there is worthless. This place rocks !

True. Allroad community on QW is much better than AW now. I used to be active on AW but jumped ship.

alrightroad
March 15th, 2012, 16:41
More to come when I get the car...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4lBa3pGQop0/T2IecbRWQiI/AAAAAAAAAYw/fK4DWfWJw1g/s800/6pic.jpg

NSU RS6
March 15th, 2012, 16:50
NUMMY PIC! I am two months into owning a twin of that car, and it has been quite fun so far! Enjoy!

hahnmgh63
March 15th, 2012, 17:21
Congrats, why not just do the software flash and TCU chip and drive it for a while. I wouldn't worry about the T.C. if it checks out ok, maybe just do a tranny fluid change and drive, drive, drive. Next time I'm in town and heading to Wild Wings I'll look you up.

alrightroad
March 15th, 2012, 17:37
Congrats, why not just do the software flash and TCU chip and drive it for a while. I wouldn't worry about the T.C. if it checks out ok, maybe just do a tranny fluid change and drive, drive, drive. Next time I'm in town and heading to Wild Wings I'll look you up.

Good point. TC is covered under my warranty... Forgot about that. Come to think of it so are all my seals. Feels a little weird having a warranty on a car again. Allroad is at 120K miles. Wild Wing is one of our clients. They just got bought and are franchising around the country now... goal is 100 restuarants within 2 years. Big growth plans. Hook up with me when you are in town for sure.

alrightroad
March 15th, 2012, 17:50
A big congrats!..and of course...Welcome aboard the..

Thanks. I was looking forward to the day Ozzie would follow-up a post from my handle!

BossLike
March 16th, 2012, 14:28
I'm fully agreed with you

JSRS6
March 16th, 2012, 19:32
^^^nice first post, bot much?

FlyFisherAJC
March 16th, 2012, 23:31
More to come when I get the car...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4lBa3pGQop0/T2IecbRWQiI/AAAAAAAAAYw/fK4DWfWJw1g/s800/6pic.jpg

good looking car...oh wait, i have the exact same one too. :)

Brav
March 17th, 2012, 01:10
good looking car...oh wait, i have the exact same one too. :)

Ditto. best color.

Jimmy Joe
March 17th, 2012, 02:57
Congratulations ! Welcome and more pictures !

ttboost
March 17th, 2012, 02:59
Ditto. best color.

Really? Looks gray to me?