PDA

View Full Version : DRC recharge - labor hours?

kismetcapitan
March 13th, 2012, 21:23
how many hours of labor is specified by Audi for a DRC servicing?

lswing
March 13th, 2012, 21:41
Removal of DRC, 2 hours...adding Koni struts or other brand coilovers, 4 hours...not having to mess with the DRC again, priceless!

I did want to keep my DRC to make it work, but just couldn't....

ben916
March 13th, 2012, 22:37
4... four... for

kismetcapitan
March 14th, 2012, 01:37
four hours. Konis are on sale now for about four hours of dealer labor. Rears can easily be installed DIY, the fronts may be trickier to do at home. Hmm...

lswing
March 14th, 2012, 02:10
You've read 4.2crews review of the Koni's I think. I hope to have my car back next week with some reviews. Was going to be this week but the exhaust manifolds were flaking after ceramic coating so the company is doing it again...

I read about the DRC in the manuals and it sounds amazing, but I'm pretty sure mine barely works like it should and have heard to many stories.

mik15
March 14th, 2012, 04:38
they've charged me close to 300$ to pressurize the DRC and change one shock absorber(my mech changed the others and left one for them in order to pressurize the system), kind of a trick to not pay for the entire procedure at Audi!

kismetcapitan
March 14th, 2012, 05:39
how much are replacement DRC struts??

4.2Crew
March 14th, 2012, 12:40
.... Rears can easily be installed DIY, the fronts may be trickier to do at home. Hmm...
I've found the fronts to be much easier to remove than the rears.... What's your technique for removing the rear struts?...

Aronis
March 15th, 2012, 00:42
I replaced my DRC a year ago with KW V3's DIY in my garage. Took my time, took about 16 hours LOL..no help, no lift. First front side about 8, second front side about 2. First rear side about 3 hours, second rear side about 2...learning curve.
It's nice to have the proper tools.

Just changed the sway bars this week, took about 3 hours, much easier LOL. Rear 2 hours, front 1 hour...or less.

I had considered Ohlens when my DRC first failed back in 2005 but I had the factory warrantee and the aftermarket parts were about $6500 then. Now after three DRC replacements including the failed DRC mark 2, I spent about $2300 for the KW's, $350 for special tools, and $250 for a rental car for 4 days...

The ride has never been better, and now with the Hotchkiss sway bars! Yikes......

Dump the DRC.....

Mike

Rear Struts removal.....better with a second set of hands, a bitch by yourself....trust me.....

arS6
March 16th, 2012, 00:02
I went in for a recharge and nothing else since I replaced a leaking line myself. I think it was 2 hours plus fluids and tax. About $350