PDA

View Full Version : ATF temperature range?

mik15
March 12th, 2012, 20:03
did today a log in block 007 to check if the temperature is too high and got these results:

under normal city/highway driving the temperature is below 90C, somewhere between 85C-90C;
...did some spirited driving, accelarating on short distances with a few kickdown's, several times, and the max. temperature got to 98C-100C, going back to normal driving the temperature goes back to 90C quickly...

now, i know that the temperature for normal driving is ok, but i am not sure sure how is the other value which is close to 100C, considering the engine oil gets to 120C or more under heavy driving... any ideas? what temperature would get to under tracking conditions? what is the max. value that should trigger a warning signal?

one other thing, i was trying to see the TC status, couldn't see any "TC lock", most of the time was "TC open" or "TC Reg. Conv."(or something like that), which i have no idea what it means?? I am trying to understand more on this TC, to me the car seems to be driving ok, no hesitation on kickdown, there is a slight RMP fluctuation but mainly between 2000-3000, above this RPM not at all, did the cruise control test and for 1mph there is less than a 100RPM fluctuation...on another forum someone was saying the the command is given to the TC to lock by a solenoid on the valve body and that this could be the cause why it isn't locking, know anything about it?