PDA

View Full Version : Rear Hotchkiss sway bar setting question.

Aronis
March 7th, 2012, 20:04
I am installing Hotchkiss sway bars today.

What is the opinion on the rear setting?

Outer hole less stiff.
Inner hole more stiff.

Anyone "try" each setting??

Thank you,

Mike

melsas
March 8th, 2012, 00:15
Mine have always been on 2nd hole from end (inner).
Never tried 1st hole (outer).
You will be pleased.

Aronis
March 8th, 2012, 03:01
Thank you!

Mike

Amar
March 8th, 2012, 18:02
Mike, please let me know how you find them. Also, where did you purchase yours from, do you have a link?

hahnmgh63
March 8th, 2012, 18:05
I would go with the stiffer setting. Increasing the stiffness of your rear swaybar will decrease Understeer which our car has a fair amount of.

Hy Octane
March 8th, 2012, 18:15
Mike. Go with the stiffest setting. Also make sure and lube the bushings well.
I cant imagine how this car would ride if it still had the factory sways on it. Enjoy!

Amar
March 8th, 2012, 18:19
These Hotchkiss sway bars really that good fellas? Looking forward to this mod, a friend is coming across to the US in May, he said he will bring some back for me. About half the price in the US compared to the UK :)

Aronis
March 8th, 2012, 22:00
I just clicked a few extra buttons when I bought a set of PS2's last week from Tire Rack. $421 I think for the sway bar kit.

I was hoping operate on the car yesterday, but I had to do a different operation instead. I'll probably get to it next week.

Aronis
March 8th, 2012, 22:01
I would go with the stiffer setting. Increasing the stiffness of your rear swaybar will decrease Understeer which our car has a fair amount of.

I've been reading up on the function of the sway bars and figured that the stiffer setting would give the front end a steering advantage.

Mike

ben916
March 8th, 2012, 22:28
Mike. Go with the stiffest setting. Also make sure and lube the bushings well.
I cant imagine how this car would ride if it still had the factory sways on it. Enjoy!

drive mine...

Amar
March 8th, 2012, 22:31
Thanks Aronis. Found them, you were spot on $421, bargain. Please report back if they make a significant difference.

kismetcapitan
March 12th, 2012, 20:08
above posters are correct; if understeer is a concern, you go as firm as possible with the rear suspension. I say 'as possible' because with our cars, we have a giant V8 hanging in front of the front axle...