PDA

View Full Version : production numbers ?

madmark
October 19th, 2003, 01:09
when ordering my rs6 i was told there was to be a very limited number produced and this has been exceded by far .Now I look at the used examples offered by dealers and they are plentiful to say the least , and all at very reduced prices . I suspect the rs6 hasnr been as popular as the rs4 and am expeting a spanking when it comes to trade in time ! Does anyone know when production will cease as this should improve residual values and releive my wallet !!

JAXRS6
October 19th, 2003, 06:12
Where are you? Here in the U.S. I've read about some RS6s for sale, but the only ones I've seen discounted have 900 to several thousand miles on them at ebay.

Last time I asked my dealer here in SE Michigan (USA), they had one unsold car being offered at MSRP.

I agree with you Audi is building more cars than claimed at first. I paid a premium price for its exclusivity -- and now I feel I may pay again because more cars could reduce resale values. Exact numbers are not clear, however. My Owner Advocate at Audi of America said AoA is not releasing precise figures, but the final count to the U.S. should be a little over a thousand -- pehaps around 1200. But an editor at the Detroit Free Press said the guy in charge of the RS6 claimed the number will top out at 1000.

I complained about the high price for disappearing exclusivity in a letter to the Free Press, which they published (see my post in thread titled "Detroit Free Press: 'Civilized, until you hit the gas....'"). Some might say it's not in my self-interest to publicize this issue, and while I see their point, my point is that if some owners don't confront AoA publicly, the prices of subsequent Audi performance cars will continue to rise faster than justified.

Last year I was told 960 was "it" -- there would be no more. So if it goes to 1000 it's no big deal. 1200 would be 25% more than the original 960 -- if it's true.

As for production closure, my salesman told me AoA can't bring any more current RS6s to the U.S. after the end of this year due to changes in emissions rules.

TaTaPiRaTa
October 22nd, 2003, 17:48
Anybody has a clue what is the total number of produced RS6 so far and what is the factory nominal output per day?

I'm interested how many Beasts are there in the whole world.
:addict:

LMGotts
October 23rd, 2003, 23:35
about the S6...there were supposed to be only 800 each made each year (for N.A.) for 2002 and 2003. Unsubstantiated rumor has it that about all of the 800 '02's were sent, but that more like only 400 '03's were made (who really knows...it sure would be fun to see the actual numbers!)

Early in November of 2002 I saw an AoA document that outlined the end-of-manufacturing dates (and ordering deadlines, etc.) for the S6. That memo stated that production was to end sometime in March of '03...yet I know of a couple people who have placed custom-build orders for S6's in September and their cars are due to be delivered in November. There are changes that show that these cars are being manufactured alongside '04s such as paddle shifters, XM radio, etc. Supposedly Audi just didn't want to re-qualify the S6 as an '04 so they're still selling 'em as '03MY cars. As of last week, another person has reported that they could not place an order for an S6...so the run may truly be over now.

Sorry if this is too unrelated to the RS 6, as I know that they're not even built alongside the rest of the line...but perhaps this will explain the fluctuating manufacturing numbers from Audi...demand them and they'll build more? I know that I've been demanding one, but I'm still waiting for it to appear like my S6 did...isn't happening??

A6 4.2 to S6....a miracle! (5.8MB .mpg file) (http://www.digitalfields.com/A6ExplodeS6.mpg)