PDA

View Full Version : Slight slipping?

kilian tuning
March 6th, 2012, 17:45
ive shot a video from my revs, it seems to slightly slip after the gearchange.
i know the engine/box was cold, but it happens also when hot...
i think/hope its on low atf level or im just getting paranoia...:lovl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYv1tEBhrV4&context=C3f19aebADOEgsToPDskLAEpTryH5MU6Sv1G_E-bsZ

lswing
March 6th, 2012, 17:53
You're not going fast enough:)

JSRS6
March 6th, 2012, 18:10
Yeah, seriously. What was that? Lol

lswing
March 6th, 2012, 18:14
After my joking, I'm thinking the TC doesn't lock up if you're just cruising like that, so it might be fine, wait for a code. It should be firm in TIP mode, give that a go....and go faster:)

Elevens
March 6th, 2012, 18:24
Mine does the very same thing. I'm wondering if it's not a valvebody issue. Seems to do it in all gears, but mostly from 2-3. I actually get fluctuations in rpm's after the shift. It really hasn't been an issue but I would like to know the cause. It's definitely not normal, since my allroad shifts solidly from gear to gear with no fluctuation in rpm's.

kilian tuning
March 6th, 2012, 18:26
yeah me to, but strange thing is it doesnt happen when giving it the beans...only low revs...
will have a vagcom log (if i know how to do that:)

Hy Octane
March 6th, 2012, 19:50
Mine does this in 4th and 5th when I lift off and then apply throttle again.. slight slip then it grabs.. I find that if I unplug the battery and reset the TCU, this cures it for awhile, but it comes back .. BTW this is my second tranny and they both did the same thing.. so it must be the design..

kilian tuning
March 6th, 2012, 19:54
will the tcu be resetted by just unplugging the battery?

Hy Octane
March 6th, 2012, 20:00
Yes..as will the ECU as well..but you may have to reprogram the radio and windows etc as well..

kilian tuning
April 11th, 2012, 08:01
yeah, strange others didnt notice if its the design...

Hy Octane
April 11th, 2012, 18:23
I have been mentioning this behavior for years now.. asking if anyone elses car did this.. My 2003 4.2 did it as well.. It is totally against anything as highly refind as an RS car should have.. yet every time I showed it to Audi they said its normal (but they thought a broken DRC was normal too).. Nobody has ever stated it was not supposed to do this or offered an explanation and fix.. So, what to do?

kilian tuning
April 11th, 2012, 18:27
ive heard its normal when the engine is cold, but mine does it also when engine is warm...
could be because the rpm is to low to lock up...

lswing
April 11th, 2012, 18:29
Isn't this the proper behavior of a torque converter? Think of that little revving as eased pressure on the trans. Maybe it's worse on some cars, and my rebuilt ACE tc does run unlocked a bit tighter than a stock one.

mik15
April 11th, 2012, 20:00
i've noticed the same thing on mine, but usually only on low rpm and not all the time, there is a slight fluctuation of about 100rpm, like it's trying to get it to the right rpm so she can shift into the upper gear, this is happening if i let her change the way she wants, but if i change at higher rpm it doesn't happen...however i did get the TC error in the past and after changing the ATF the error went on intermittent and after the last reset i didn't check to see if it's still there, i guess it still is..