PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Logo-ed Mats

ben916
March 5th, 2012, 06:37
Ok, my OEM ones had a whole in the drivers side so I replaced them with the OEM All Weather Mats.

While surfing a UK thread, I stumbled upon this -> http://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-RS6-4B-Fusmatten-S-Line-schwarz-Velourstoff-Neu-/270895286799?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item3f129e0a0f

So they are out there, but VERY difficult to find...

EDIT:
active ebay.de -> http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fusmatten-Autoteppich-Audi-A6-RS6-V8-Bj-2002-2004-/160747069711?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item256d45a10f
Not 100% sure they are sized for a 4B foot well

kilian tuning
March 5th, 2012, 13:57
yeah theyre nice isnt it...
im gonna replace mine cos theyre office grey coloured over time...:)

mik15
March 5th, 2012, 13:59
i have them :D, i think these mats were an option, didn't come as standard...on the UK link the price was pretty good!

kilian tuning
March 5th, 2012, 14:04
how do they fit, like oem...any piccies?:)

mik15
March 5th, 2012, 14:18
mines are original, they fit just like the others without the logo...the only downsize is that the RS6 logo is white color and becomes grey over time...

mdegracia
March 5th, 2012, 15:31
Wonder if they'll ship to US...those look pretty nice. I can't tell if they are OEM or aftermarket thou.

kevin
March 5th, 2012, 15:45
I like them!!

NSU RS6
March 5th, 2012, 16:43
I like them!!

I would be in for a set of these, provided they fit C5 cars.

Edit for DUH. C5 = 4B.

Jimmy
March 5th, 2012, 18:31
http://www.intermats.de/

These guys made mine almost 3 years ago. They fit perfect with the OE snap rings and are a bit thicker too.

Close to $400 shipped tho with the RS6 logo on the fronts with plain rear carpets. I'll post up a pic asap.

johnnie27
March 5th, 2012, 22:47
Ok, my OEM ones had a whole in the drivers side so I replaced them with the OEM All Weather Mats.

While surfing a UK thread, I stumbled upon this -> http://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-RS6-4B-Fusmatten-S-Line-schwarz-Velourstoff-Neu-/270895286799?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item3f129e0a0f

So they are out there, but VERY difficult to find...

EDIT:
active ebay.de -> http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fusmatten-Autoteppich-Audi-A6-RS6-V8-Bj-2002-2004-/160747069711?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item256d45a10f
Not 100% sure they are sized for a 4B foot well

some in car shots would be nice, as our mats (well here in oz anyway) are a charcoal colour...not sure how shinny blk mats would look...on the tone of the charcoal carpet , if any one has some pics please do share....also the mats on the top link are RHD . correct?

ben916
March 6th, 2012, 00:10
some in car shots would be nice, as our mats (well here in oz anyway) are a charcoal colour...not sure how shinny blk mats would look...on the tone of the charcoal carpet , if any one has some pics please do share....also the mats on the top link are RHD . correct?

I think they are LHD (germany) - but there are some links in the RS246 that are UK (RHD)...

DonS
March 6th, 2012, 13:10
I can smell a group buy. If the seller won't sell and ship one set to the US, they might for 5!

stubro
March 6th, 2012, 13:44
I am in for a group buy

kevin
March 6th, 2012, 14:00
yes please!

bmlee007
March 6th, 2012, 15:42
I wrote to a colleague in Germany who owes me a favor. I'll let you know if she is able to find a group for sale.

hahnmgh63
March 6th, 2012, 17:03
I purchased these mats from the same seller a couple of years ago for mine and they look very good and use the OEM snap hold-downs but they are actually A6 mats with the logo so the passenger side seems to fit very well but the drivers side doesn't have the extra curve built into it for the larger transmission bellhousing hump of the RS6 so one of the snaps usually pop off. They still look very good and I've been thinking about trying some steam or something like that to get the mat to stretch to the contour of the drivers footwell a little better.

kismetcapitan
March 7th, 2012, 00:06
surely better and a cheaper that what I bought - my rears don't have the logo, and the snaps don't fit. The white doesn't stay white for long and I've had the mats professionally cleaned twice in the past 6 months.

That being said, while my all-weather mats are so practical, they're just not that pretty.

NSU RS6
March 10th, 2012, 16:14
I wrote to a colleague in Germany who owes me a favor. I'll let you know if she is able to find a group for sale.

Any word on this?

4everRS
March 11th, 2012, 02:24
I'm in for a group buy.

kevin
March 11th, 2012, 03:08
dittos^^^^

bmlee007
March 11th, 2012, 05:03
Any word on this?

She's checking with a friend who works at the factory in Ingolstadt. Hopefully some info next week.

4.2Crew
March 11th, 2012, 12:45
I'm in...

mdegracia
March 11th, 2012, 13:21
count me in too!

Carbonman
March 14th, 2012, 20:30
I'm in for a set.

bmlee007
March 17th, 2012, 20:58
Just wanted to give a quick update, though there isn't much to add right now. A request was put in for pricing on 10 sets of mats, which would most likely have to come from the Quattro GmbH division, since they were the ones who built the RS cars. Due to the age of the car and the original mats being discontinued, we're probably looking at near $400 per set.

I had some down time yesterday and visited an Audi dealer near Portland, OR to see if there were any mats of any kind in this country, thinking that I could maybe get a set of 4.2 mats to use as a test bed and have a local custom interior guy make some sets. The parts guys there could only locate one single set of ebony fronts at a warehouse in NJ for $240, and two sets of rears in another NJ warehouse at $99 each. That's it. There are a couple colors still available to order from Audi, but ebony is down to 1.5 sets for the whole country.

I'll wait for an answer from Germany to see how much and if even possible. Maybe the next route is just to buy a few sets of the grommets and have some custom made here. I do like the thought of them actually coming from Audi and being custom made for us, but those ebay mats were only around $100, I would think we could get some made here for around that if we do a bulk order.

kevin
March 17th, 2012, 23:00
^^^ Thanks for the update^^^

Still want!

NSU RS6
March 18th, 2012, 01:06
So did you buy them? Sometimes I hate Audi. Our cars are some of the best the marque has ever built, but after nine years, the bean counters have driven them to oblivion.

If I had a 1962 190 SL Mercedes, or a 1971 3.0 Csi BMW, and, say, an exhaust manifold cracked, I could get it from the dealer. It is called pride in the product, and despite having alot to be proud of, Audi chooses not to do so. Even for the best cars they build.

BS.

Edit for I am in for a set of these - we will probably have to go with Lloyds, hire an upholsterer to add the logo, and then mail them to a few different addresses overseas and back to lose the scent from Audi's trademark hounds.

DonS
March 28th, 2012, 02:51
I bought new mats from Audi a couple of years back. They are the best fit. I brought them to the embroidery shop at the mall and would have had them embroidered with the logo I cut and pasted from the web. However, the kid was worried his boss would come and bust him for copying a copyrighted logo. And he was also worried about the strength of the needle. Lloyds isn't licensed for the Audi logos. Best to go loose and local or overseas for the embroidery work.

I'm in for a group purchase.

bmlee007
March 29th, 2012, 22:45
Well, I got the bad news from Germany today. Quattro GmbH does offer mats for our cars, they would be all black with the RS6 logo only on the front mats, and cost $521 (391 euro) plus shipping - the original guesstimate I was given was not so good. Also, they do not offer volume discounts, same price no matter how many sets are ordered.

Here is an example in white, but again, ours would be made in black.

I'm thinking that I'll buy the set of plain mats that I found for the 4.2 A6 and see what a local custom shop can do about embroidery and making a few sets. I'm in BFE right now without a dealership in sight, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get them ordered. As much as I wanted a set from Germany, spending less than half to get something similar just makes more sense.

bmlee007
May 25th, 2012, 01:56
Hope is not lost everyone, today my German colleague sent me good news that a set of mats had arrived at her house and will be shipped soon. It was another auction early in May, but not as low priced as the original post in this thread. Hopefully I'll have them next week, then I'll test fit and take them to a local interior shop and see what kind of price to replicate them in large quantity. Here are a couple of quick snaps she sent me, I'll post in-car pics when they arrive.

bmlee007
May 26th, 2012, 15:18
Quick update...

The mats were shipped today and will arrive in 12-14 days. And here is a helpful tip. Explore as many shipping options as you can if sending something across the pond. DHL is bringing them for around $45. UPS wanted nearly $350! It isn't exactly a small package, but, damn!

hunter
May 26th, 2012, 17:36
I would love a set of these for my girl :-) keep us posted