PDA

View Full Version : Has the AoA DRC replacement campaign expired?

alrightroad
March 3rd, 2012, 03:05
I spoke to a service advisor last week who said it was not available any longer on the VIN I was researching on possible purchase. It had me thinking that perhaps the campaign is no longer valid?

ben916
March 3rd, 2012, 03:14
It was suppose to end in 2010 August, IIRC.
From some other people that had it done in 2011, it would seem that it either got extended to cover a majority or it just ended in 2011...

It is rather ironic as my SA thought that they were gonna score a huge $$$$ from AoA last month... until they read the service history of my VIN...

Bigglezworth
March 3rd, 2012, 03:21
It expired Oct 31, 2011. I had the suspension replaced on the one ride in spring 2011 and intentionally waited to see if there were any initial hiccups with the Gen 2 set-up. The local dealership called with a couple of weeks left in Oct and advised me the campaign was ending shortly and that as long as the vehicle was booked to have the work undertaken, it could be done anytime during the next couple of months up until the end if 2011.

alrightroad
March 3rd, 2012, 03:24
Well at least I know now. Thanks guys. I'm sure there are some RS6's out there who didnt have the campaign done. Owners were probably just lazy or didnt care.

UrS6
March 3rd, 2012, 03:27
I had mine ripped out after it failed again and put in H&R Coilovers. $1100 plus easy labor. Lifetime warranty. Rides like DRC or better and I never have to worry about it again. I had considered KWs but the extra cost and previous experiences with adjustable shocks (where I always felt I had it a little too soft, a little too hard, a little too high, low, etc.), and the fact that H&R and Bilstein (the shock manufacturer) have always been good for me in the past, made it a no brainer for me.

alrightroad
March 3rd, 2012, 03:29
I had mine ripped out after it failed again and put in H&R Coilovers. $1100 plus easy labor. Lifetime warranty. Rides like DRC or better and I never have to worry about it again. I had considered KWs but the extra cost and previous experiences with adjustable shocks (where I always felt I had it a little too soft, a little too hard, a little too high, low, etc.), and the fact that H&R and Bilstein (the shock manufacturer) have always been good for me in the past, made it a no brainer for me.

You read my mind. I have a lead on a lightly used set of H&R's I am thinking of buying 'just in case'. I can always sell them later on if they are not needed on whatever RS6 I purchase.

4everRS
March 3rd, 2012, 03:30
Could you post a pic or 2 of the ride?

alrightroad
March 3rd, 2012, 03:34

How many miles do you have on the H&R's? Any sign of weakening or rebound worsening? I have the Bilstein setup on my allroad from Arnott (the air setup, not the coil-overs) and they are bouncy. I am going back to stock soon on that car.

lswing
March 3rd, 2012, 15:42
Going the Koni Sport route with stock springs, will have pics in a few weeks, in the shop now. 4.2Crew seemed to like how it worked, level looked pretty good, maybe a touch low...

4.2Crew
March 3rd, 2012, 21:07
Going the Koni Sport route with stock springs, will have pics in a few weeks, in the shop now. 4.2Crew seemed to like how it worked, level looked pretty good, maybe a touch low...

Just a quick update on the Koni Yellow Sports with stock spring install:

Last weekend I decided to "tune" the new Koni's... Not that anything was wrong with the ride or compliance, but just wanted to ever so slightly soften the ride...

The initial settings after install were:

Fronts: 1 turn from full soft rebound and stock Koni perch height.
Rears: 1/2 turn from full soft rebound and middle Koni perch height. (There are 3 lower perch heights)

The new settings are:

Fronts: 1/2 turn from full soft rebound and stock Koni perch height.
Rears: 1/4 turn from full soft rebound and low Koni perch height. (There are 3 lower perch heights)

Ride compliance is now perfect for my driving lifestyle!... The rear ride height dropped about 1/4" yeilding a "level chasis." The car now sits perfectly level!... No rake. Most of the rake was removed after swapping the DRC out, but it was still slightly high in the rear... Softening the rebound a bit and moving to the lower perch on the rears was worth the 4 hours!

lswing
March 4th, 2012, 00:29
Excellent, thanks for covering both threads...

alrightroad
March 4th, 2012, 03:02
Thanks, 4.2Crew.