PDA

View Full Version : Audi admitts problems with the MAF sensor on TT/S3!

Nrn
October 18th, 2003, 22:50
http://217.160.129.16/public_html/24H3.pdf (In german)

The only question is: What took them so long?
I have bought 3 new ones myself.

BR /Nicke

Scatmans3
November 4th, 2003, 05:06
Any translations on that? I also own a 2000 S3 and I would like to know what the problem is, since I haven't had any - yet.

Best regards!
Alex :s3addict:

Nrn
November 4th, 2003, 15:17
No sorry only in german! But maybe your local audi dealer can help you out. :eye:

The problem has been that they have been of quite bad quality, the symptoms are quite different from time to time! But all of the times I have had problems with mine the ESP has stopped working (the esp symbol is lit on the dashboard).

But there are at least 2 different ones so hopefully you got the better one from start! :)

BR /Nicke

Scatmans3
November 4th, 2003, 17:01
Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute. I have owned a 2000 S3 for over a year now, and ever since I got it, my ESP has worked sporadically... it works at it's own will, sometimes working for hours or the whole day at a time, sometimes never working from the minute I start my car in the morning... and I haven't found ANYTHING that could lead to it - only fault code presented is "sporadic failure - transversal acceleration sensor"... perhaps that's it... will check, thanks a whole bunch :cheers:

Alexander