PDA

View Full Version : Old front face meets new style

sx3mac
February 29th, 2012, 17:13
So over this past weekend I couldnt sleep well at night, and I kept thinking about the beauty queen sleeping...no not next to me, but in my garage. An idea popped into my head about how much I like the big open face of the new audis. I came up with this. Let me know how you like it? In person I think it looks really awsome..

bmlee007
February 29th, 2012, 17:35
It's actually not a bad look, and fits with the blackout scheme on the rest of the car. At first I didn't like the big open grille, but it has grown on me. Except for the new A8, that one is just too large.

Just one question - did you wrap the grille surround with CF tape? Me thinks it would look good on my Daytona car.

4everRS
February 29th, 2012, 17:36
Not the worst thing someone has done to an rs6. I really like the cupra splitter. You should use that carbon wrap on it.

lswing
February 29th, 2012, 17:44
Not bad, nice idea. Silver trim and circles would really tie it together imo...

ben916
February 29th, 2012, 18:12
Not the worst thing someone has done to an rs6. I really like the cupra splitter. You should use that carbon wrap on it.

Me too! But as the Great Dave Hall said one time (or was it Skribe? or Saf4now?) - "that is gonna reduce your top speed mph by like 3mph!"(referenced to the Sportec cooling mod)

sx3mac
February 29th, 2012, 18:39
Bmlee- yes it is carbon fiber vynal so I can take it off later if I don't like it.

Also the base paint layer for the bumper is plastidip so it too can be easily removed. I don't like doing to many permanent things in case I change my mind.

mik15
February 29th, 2012, 18:59
it doesn't look bad, i've seen this done back home in Europe and it does look better live...btw, are those the OEM headlights? they seem to be different?

vitalian
February 29th, 2012, 21:56
I could be wrong, but those look like stock headlamps with the clear corner mod to me. I think the vinyl on the front looks pretty cool.

sx3mac
March 1st, 2012, 02:07
Mik15 - they are the stock headlights with stealth bulbs and de-oranged (little reflector taken out). Also there is a light tint to go with the blacked out look.

Thx for the comments, I have never seen this before and wanted to pioneer with ideas.

johnnie27
March 2nd, 2012, 05:42
So over this past weekend I couldnt sleep well at night, and I kept thinking about the beauty queen sleeping...no not next to me, but in my garage. An idea popped into my head about how much I like the big open face of the new audis. I came up with this. Let me know how you like it? In person I think it looks really awsome..

good on you mate for trying something new!! i'd love to see some pics w/ some more distance in the ..ie from accrrossssss the street as it is bloody hard to tell how the actual car looks.....kinda fish eyed up close..any chane of a pic from 20 feet

sx3mac
March 2nd, 2012, 22:20
Johnnie - I will get some pictures with some more distance tomorrow and post them.

johnnie27
March 2nd, 2012, 23:43
Johnnie - I will get some pictures with some more distance tomorrow and post them.

thanks mate, as i have done my roof in gloss blk, i was thinking of this mod too..i have some stuff planned over the next 3 weeks as my new rims just arrived....so i'd love to see it..with some distance front 3/4 front head on, would be great! thanks johnnie

sx3mac
March 4th, 2012, 01:27
It rained all day today, but here are some pictures from further back.

lswing
March 4th, 2012, 01:30
Looking good, a bit blacked for my taste, but nice clean work! What's the front lip spoiler again?

sx3mac
March 4th, 2012, 03:21
The front lip is the Seat Leon Cupra R front spoiler.

johnnie27
March 4th, 2012, 07:18
It rained all day today, but here are some pictures from further back.

wow thanks for getting her wet for me..um well you know what i mean, i dig it ...well done!! dude that one bad ass ute!!! does it fit under the roller door wow..monster truck style.....thanks again mate , i appriciate the pics

mmaturo
March 5th, 2012, 02:59
clean work but not liking it myself. But that is just my own opinion. The lip however I do like.