PDA

View Full Version : Spare and Jack questions

stubro
February 27th, 2012, 21:59
I need to find a new jack, my last one broke (cheap piece of crap) and potentially a new spare. I had a flat the other day and I guess when the shop put it in from the last time I had a flat they did something because the tire would not hold the bead. Is there a way to reseat the spare or do I need to buy a new one. If so where can I get one other than the dealer?

I am headed down to USP to get some more fun work done and dont want to be stuck if I have a blowout. Thanks

ben916
February 27th, 2012, 23:43
personally, I wouldn't re-invest in another widow maker, but that is your choice - 4B3011031B @ $114 @ Genuine

The spare is ungodly expensive: 4B3601011AP @ $911 @ Genuine

Don't forget the compressor: 8D0012615C @ $311 @ Genuine

I might have a line on a spare as he has 19" rims on there now and did express interest on getting rid of it. Shipping might be a factor though...

Beastly
February 28th, 2012, 00:39
Funny - saw a Mugello yesterday on the side of the road.

But it was just south of Redmond OR - far from FL.

JSRS6
February 28th, 2012, 05:17
Get a good bottle jack, it will fit in the same spot...

aussie rs6
February 29th, 2012, 19:07
The supplied rs6 c5 jack is not really legal here in australia. Looks a real widow maker to me- could easily slip side ways.

Audi dealer recommended purchase of the C5 Audi Allroad jack- a scissors type as a lot safer.
So i purchased the C5 Allroad jack.

An aftermarket bottle jack is superior, but too much weight and space for me.

just my two cents worth.

kismetcapitan
March 1st, 2012, 05:19
my spare sits in my closet. I'm perfectly willing to sell it to anyone who needs one; I'm never going to have it in my car. If a bottle of Slime is good enough for European drivers, it's good enough for me.

aussie rs6
March 1st, 2012, 05:33
Here in western australia, slime not much good when the front tyre blows out the inner sidewall 200 kms from the nearest tyre store.

On the trailer to that nearest tyre store courtesy of Audi Assist is the next step.

Been there done that, bought the t-shirt, paid dearly for it!.

so carry jack and spare when travelling more than 50 kms from Perth.

stubro
March 2nd, 2012, 19:43
Thanks. If it were just me and not the kids I would ditch the spare and use the slime/tow truck. I will look on ebay and get a bottle jack. Any recommendations on a good one?