PDA

View Full Version : Cracked a piece of carbon fiber

sheatisdale
February 26th, 2012, 02:34
I cracked the carbon fiber piece above the glove box. The one with the Quattro logo on it. Does anyone have one for sale?

If not, do you know where I can get it for less than the $641 my dealer wants?

ben916
February 26th, 2012, 02:47
try oCarbon.com

sheatisdale
February 26th, 2012, 03:05
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try them.

Jimmy
February 27th, 2012, 20:22
Dang...I have perfect shift surround and hazard switch pieces in OE carbon that I'm looking to get rid of....sorry man.

Wow, 6 beans + for that one piece?

sheatisdale
February 28th, 2012, 03:03
oCarbon will only sell me the entire set. An entire set from them is the same as the one piece from Audi.

Anyone got this piece?

Jimmy
February 28th, 2012, 22:26
Ocarbon won't repair that one piece? Lame.

Try Madera Concepts or Heritage Restorations for a reasonable 'fix'.

sheatisdale
February 29th, 2012, 14:51
Thanks, I'll try them.
If all else, I guess I'd buy the whole set from oCarbon and then sell what I don't need or keep it around in case I break another piece.

Bumped the one piece that I cracked with my laptop I use for the vagcom, and not even that hard of a bump either...

sheatisdale
February 29th, 2012, 14:55
Emailed Madera, but I can't find Heritage Restorations. Well, I found a bunch, but they all seemed to be home restoration companies.

alrightroad
February 29th, 2012, 16:18
Thanks, I'll try them.
If all else, I guess I'd buy the whole set from oCarbon and then sell what I don't need or keep it around in case I break another piece.

Bumped the one piece that I cracked with my laptop I use for the vagcom, and not even that hard of a bump either...

If you go with full set of oCarbon I'd be in for purchasing the rest from you. PM me if interested. Thanks.

eric

Jimmy
February 29th, 2012, 20:38
My error on their name...

www.heritagewoodworks.com (http://www.heritagewoodworks.com) in NC. Drew is old school German (they do alot of classic MBs).