PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Cop Car

T-elospathic
February 23rd, 2012, 06:15
Sorry for the quality, but this is my latest addition. All the lights were custom made by myself, including the wireless controller and everything. All the lights combined draw less than 5A.

All LEDs are RGB and can do any color.

Everything is hidden, and the ones in the headlights turn into blinkers/DRLs when the takedown stuff isn't going.

The front top bar is mounted in the sunroof airfoil, and retracts into the roof when you close the sunroof. I decided to do that over lights across the windshield.

http://vectortac.com/vid/

I know it isn't on YouTube, I promise you won't get a virus from my website.

ben916
February 23rd, 2012, 06:56
COOL!

BUT there was a guy on AZ (Miles Mahroney or something very close to that) that mounted red/blue lights in his grill of a B8 S4 and on a Targa Trophy run, he used them to move another car over and got two tickets in ten minute @ $350 each and a court appearance...

Is it just for fun or LEO?

T-elospathic
February 23rd, 2012, 16:16
I'm not an LEO, so I guess you could say it's just for fun..but I'm starting a business around it, so it does serve a purpose.

I'm strict about not using them on the roads, but I will be doing a video shot of them while going through a canyon (sounds cool) that is often deserted by any sort of government official.

Brav
February 23rd, 2012, 17:47
I think its cool, but a little overboard, especially on the side lights. Some of the thinner LED strips look out of place. I think if you cut back slightly, it would look great. $.02

Erik
February 23rd, 2012, 19:10
Cool, but a bit Too Fast Too Furious ;)

NSU RS6
February 24th, 2012, 03:01
This is really cool - I cannot imagine having the time for such an endeavor. What market it has, I am not sure, but it scares me a little! For every actual cop on the road there could be 10!

OTOH - wouldn't it be fun to get several lit like this RS6's to corner a trooper and say: "HANDS UP! We are making a citizens arrest! You were doing 85 in the HOV lane without a passenger while you were talking on your phone! Drop the donut!"

I hope I have a real dream like that someday............

kismetcapitan
February 25th, 2012, 06:09
lights like that aren't illegal in Korea. it's very disconcerting at first when very fast cars flashing all kinds of red and blue lights like a UFO is bearing down on you....you pull over...then they just race on by. It's particularly popular with people who own police-type bikes like full dress Harleys. Some even run sirens.

but then again, I had a retracting front plate and used the HOV lane as my "personal" highway all the time. Nine years, never got a ticket.

streetsoffire
February 26th, 2012, 20:33
WOW. You guys are very accommodating..........I'll just say; That looks very rice.

T-elospathic
March 1st, 2012, 04:00
It definitely took me some time, and sadly the police don't use Audis.. HOWEVER, the underlying tech I've developed is key. You honestly can't see the lights in broad daylight until you flip them on. The headlight strips turn into DRLs/blinkers when not in "official" use, and the reverse lights are all LED now (they light up half the block in white at night even :D) .

I dressed her up with so many because cops LOVE lights I've discovered. In fact, the more places you can fit them, the happier the cop. Not that they'd be delighted in seeing me use mine on the roads, but they've certainly enjoyed them in the parking lots.

And besides, theres a certain feeling of badda$$ery that comes with being covered in high-visibility red-and-blue lights..haha