PDA

View Full Version : FS.....Special Sauce-No Flames please

speedtrapped
February 22nd, 2012, 19:23
So, I am no longer at a xx roads, just time to move on. I love the RS6, but I am looking to move on to a heavily modified 996TT. I still have my 11' Vagon that serves as my family fun car, so another 4 door is not warranted. As many know, my car is only 1 of 2 FULLY staged 3 Dahlback Racing Kitted RS6's(in the US).
I bought duckwing's RS6 from a Chi town dealer over 1 1/2 years ago. Its originally a cali car. It came with KWv3's and phateon duct mod. Since then, I have swapped my (77k mile engine) engine and driveline for a 56k mile DBR stage 3 engine, mated to a custom built level10 trans and TC(rated for 750HP). The DBR kit consists of bigger fuel pump, Hybrid turbos, 3' straight DP's into 100 cell DBR race cats, abd DBR tuned- mated to milltek non resonated exhaust. The car also has a stage 3 Snow progressive meth kit(i use the stock windshield wiper tank) The swap was done at Drive Autoworks in Lyndhurst NJ March 2011(all paperwork is available), as Dion(owner) was partners at KMD tuning 2 years ago when original customer spent $40k on this kit and trans for his RS6. I have not touched the interior save for an ok sat/nav system(Clarion). CF trim, Solar roof, all weather mats. All new linkage in the front, frozen rotors front and rear with less then 3k miles on them. 2 sets of tires, stocks with sotto zeros(1k miles on tires) and brand new BBS-RS with hankooks(less then 500 miles on those). Lest I forget Wagner IC's with fog light delete grills and CF shrouds and a custom CF splitter for the front. The Valve covers were PC Audi Red, the rear diff mount is Apikol, the engine mounts are sterns(race) and the trans mounts are apikol(however they do make car vibrate when at a stop light, very stiff bushings)
I know I am missing things, as many know I have done a shite load to this car and its fast.
It does have some dings(small dimple on hood) and small ding on driverside door.
Btw, I am not completely gone, as I have my extra engine and trans(likely wont use that), I plan on next year properly making a custom RS6 engine mated to an 6mt swapped into an avant body.

I am asking $28k...
no there is no warranty, yes every hard to get sensors have been replaced this year, EGT's, O2's.....dont bother low balling, as Dion has a standing bid, but we are a little apart on price.

I cant even begin to figure how much I have invested in the car, but lets just say, a lot.

speedtrapped
February 22nd, 2012, 19:39
sorry should of listed my contact...
sibis123@gmail.com
7-3-2-6-1-4-2-4-2-0

ben916
February 22nd, 2012, 19:42
My wife would absolutely skin me alive...

mi021le
February 22nd, 2012, 23:27
Did you ever dyno it?

speedtrapped
February 23rd, 2012, 00:06
Not since swap. KMD dyno'ed using a Maha, 640/738 there is a thread here that has the dyno sheet.

JSRS6
February 23rd, 2012, 00:23
Im gonna kill you! J/k. But if i could, i would buy this in a heartbeat. considering i paid about 3k less for my car about two years ago. 28k is a fuckin steal. This is crazy...

4everRS
February 23rd, 2012, 01:20
A modded up 996tt is nice too. Just wait for the 991tt. Hehe

Isnt there a new s4 you could lay shame to? You migh miss the Quattro.

bakes
February 23rd, 2012, 01:35
Beautiful car...woulda been interested had I not picked up Headshot's...

Bigglezworth
February 23rd, 2012, 05:21
Already have a pair of beasts and there's no way anyone with any sort of sanity would have three.... Certainly a steal of a price for the various mods. What times does the ride lay down on the 1/4?

ben916
February 23rd, 2012, 06:58
You'll be sooorrrryyyy!

Erik
February 23rd, 2012, 07:46
Good luck with your sale and please make sure the new owners registers here. :)

RobertV
February 23rd, 2012, 09:53
All I can say is WOW. I sure hope this goes to a true RS6 enthusiast. GLWS

speedtrapped
February 23rd, 2012, 12:18
Thanks all.....btw, I'm not completely gone. As I said I will do a monster build on my extra engine and look for S6 avant body, I have 2 years before Vagon lease up to complete. I love the RS6, I love this community, But alas I get bored with cars. I should open up a high end used car dealership-I have missed my calling

speedtrapped
February 23rd, 2012, 13:42
here some recent pics, as I have a lot of pics, especially the swap when Dion did the work

Elevens
February 23rd, 2012, 14:39
Sorry your looking to leave us Speed, but if your loosing interest you might of well get rid of it. I completely understand. And by the way its looking really nice. Who ever is getting that is getting a MONSTER. GLWS.............................................

MaxRS6
February 23rd, 2012, 15:32
Dang- Sad to see ya let it go :( You have provided good entertainment and information- GLWS to a lucky buyer

speedtrapped
February 23rd, 2012, 15:56
i WILL ALWAYS BE HERE, AND BESIDES....LOOK FOR ALL OF YOUR INPUT, WHEN i PUT A BUDGET TOGETHER NEXT YEAR FOR THE ENGINE BUILD...SHOULD BE FUN...

Btw, sale PENDING

JSRS6
February 23rd, 2012, 15:57
That was quick...

speedtrapped
February 23rd, 2012, 16:01
Dion saw the light

PALETTE
February 23rd, 2012, 21:37
I got a REAL NICE 996TT..................... GLWS

Brav
February 23rd, 2012, 22:32
Btw, sale PENDING

Send that thing back to Cali!! I saw it pre-NJ back in the day.. Duckwing used to live in my city

speedtrapped
February 24th, 2012, 00:17
Yes, Cali climate so much better, underbody was mint. Car is wold, and 2 buyers behind if 1st drops, but he won't. Corey, I have pics of my 996tt, but iPad is impossible to post, the car is sick, protosport built.

speedtrapped
February 24th, 2012, 02:01
http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p624/speedtrapped/........pics of the beasts replacement

JSRS6
February 24th, 2012, 02:04
http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p624/speedtrapped/

there ya go buddy...

MaxRS6
February 24th, 2012, 02:31
She's a beaut!

:love::love:
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p624/speedtrapped/a2e49b03.jpg

speedtrapped
February 24th, 2012, 02:34
Thank you Josh! Ty Randy ... She is fast too.

JSRS6
February 24th, 2012, 03:57
Stephen, if you kill yourself in that thing, ill kill you! lol

speedtrapped
February 24th, 2012, 15:58
see, now it makes sense, just finished a new life policy, that my wife prodded me to get, and at same time, she has been egging me on to buy the Porsche ....hmmmm

ben916
February 24th, 2012, 16:36
see, now it makes sense, just finished a new life policy, that my wife prodded me to get, and at same time, she has been egging me on to buy the Porsche ....hmmmm

ah, well um, not to be offensive but you previously indicated that your physical stature is larger than most.... are ya gonna fit?
On the same topic, my Service Advisor @ Hoehn is Guy and he is 6'8" and probably close to 300lb = BIG BOY! and he fits into the RS6.

My wife has been egging me on to get a 63' split window or a 70 RR convertible 440....

speedtrapped
February 24th, 2012, 18:27
hahaha, fair question Ben...6-4" 250lbs.....think linebacker....That said i owned a 911 c4s about 5 years ago...I fit...my CTS-V is actually tight on headroom. The only thing that is tuff, the GT3 seats, as they are recaro, and have a narrow seat, my hips are tight. But they are pricey and at worst, I will sell em or swap them for GT2's

ben916
February 26th, 2012, 03:03
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=200714634437

Just in case you were curious about the RED RECAROS... just sayin'

speedtrapped
March 2nd, 2012, 18:35
haha....maybe I meant to keep her! Car is back for sale.(Dion could not unload his RS4, long story) But I am firm pretty close to asking. There are 2 buyers interested, 1 very happy about my turn of events. Not bummed, actually if I dont get price, then the universe wants me to be content....If anything, drama for u all.

na1mt
March 3rd, 2012, 02:11
IMO......I think that $28k is wayyyyyy to cheap for this car. If we go by the old $.50 return on each dollar spent for mods there are a minimum of $28k in upgrades alone after you take the deduction....I would think upper $30's would still be a great deal for someone....Stephencl got something like $26 when his got totaled in Irene and it was basically a stock car. Lol.....@$28k, he should be selling lottery tickets @$100 each to see who gets to buy it.

ben916
March 3rd, 2012, 02:30
IMO......I think that $28k is wayyyyyy to cheap for this car. If we go by the old $.50 return on each dollar spent for mods there are a minimum of $28k in upgrades alone after you take the deduction....I would think upper $30's would still be a great deal for someone....Stephencl got something like $26 when his got totaled in Irene and it was basically a stock car. Lol.....@$28k, he should be selling lottery tickets @$100 each to see who gets to buy it.

I am down for that!!!!
$28k is low in my book... depends on how fast he needs to move it or if it is gonna need a timing belt service, etc...

Brav
March 3rd, 2012, 02:46
Why don't we buy it as a group for a "loaner" for those of us in So Cal who's beasts are under the knife..

4ringking
March 3rd, 2012, 06:03
If you get into the the used exotic car business, let me know if you need a partner ; )

Not to steal your fire, but I have a beautiful 2006 A8 4.2 at the shop for sale if you know anyone looking?
http://s645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/boomdoger5/2006%20Audi%20A8L/

Can not believe you are selling RENNENSIE, hope she goes to a good home...

the begining:
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/boomdoger5/JA%20Autowerks/CIMG3840-1.jpg

the end:
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/boomdoger5/JA%20Autowerks/DSCN2488.jpg

I have to say, your RS6 is the fastest 4ringer I have ever driven and I have driven a bunch! Good Luck with the sale!
Thumbs up for a great RS6 and a great guy!

speedtrapped
March 3rd, 2012, 12:35
Ben! I thought u cared enough to pay attention! TB service done when engine swapped last year.

kismetcapitan
March 3rd, 2012, 17:44
ah, well um, not to be offensive but you previously indicated that your physical stature is larger than most.... are ya gonna fit?
On the same topic, my Service Advisor @ Hoehn is Guy and he is 6'8" and probably close to 300lb = BIG BOY! and he fits into the RS6.

Much of my car's maintenance was done at Hoehn, before being briefly owned by two others before finding a home with me. I wonder if this guy, named Guy, might explain why my driver's seat somehow feels more "stretched out" than the passenger seat...:P Seriously though, it drives me nuts that the bolsters do not hug my body.

a 640bhp RS6. Had this car been for sale back in August when I was in the market, I'd have been all over this car. I remember seeing an RS6 Avant for sale with the same tune in Korea; the car had serious mechanical issues and it took all of a two minute test drive to run away from that car. But it isn't the tune; it's how you maintain the car.

Regarding mods, there really isn't a formula, and I more or less accept that any money spent on mods is money I won't see back. I recently sold my Skyline, and I assure you I got very little of the $100K+ I sank into tuning that thing.

anyways, while such a well-sorted and insanely powerful RS6 seems insane to sell, that is a very, very sweet 996TT! In an ideal world, your RS6 would be an Avant and you'd be keeping that and have the 996TT as your focused sports car. While the RS6 is so astonishingly good at nearly everything, there is a definite need to have a two seater (or token 2+2) all-out sports car that is all race and not practical :)

ben916
March 3rd, 2012, 19:20
Ben! I thought u cared enough to pay attention! TB service done when engine swapped last year.

Lo Siento Esteban! Probably too much rum and cokes last night....

Much of my car's maintenance was done at Hoehn, before being briefly owned by two others before finding a home with me. I wonder if this guy, named Guy, might explain why my driver's seat somehow feels more "stretched out" than the passenger seat...:P Seriously though, it drives me nuts that the bolsters do not hug my body.

Regarding mods, there really isn't a formula, and I more or less accept that any money spent on mods is money I won't see back. I recently sold my Skyline, and I assure you I got very little of the $100K+ I sank into tuning that thing.

The only RS6 with the sport seats that actually doesn't allow sliding around was John's (Audi5000csqt) with the suede inlays.
I have yet to test a set of RS6 RECAROS...

You sold your beloved SKYLINE?!?!?!

4ringking
March 3rd, 2012, 20:19
Steve, if you have not sold those seats, send me a picture/info/price via email and I will post them on my facebook page and some of the other boards that I am on.
jaautowerks@gmail.com

speedtrapped
March 3rd, 2012, 21:42
John, Ty....but RS 6 is pending sale again!..... And asking price. However seats will be including for the $28k. Thanks John for the offer.

kismetcapitan
March 4th, 2012, 04:28
I was forced to sell the Skyline. I didn't have enough time in Korea to make proper arrangements, and the car is ineligible for import until 2016. Tax and registration issues cropped up and there wasn't anything I could do from Nashville.

The car was sold with the understanding that if he sells it, I have first right of refusal. Ideally, he'll own it for four years, at which point the engine should be more than ready for an overhaul that I had planned anyways (a Skyline engine with a tune of over 250bhp/liter is good for about 30-50K miles...if you're lucky!). I'll then bring that monster home here in the States :D