PDA

View Full Version : Right engine mount sensor, inboard or outboard mounted?

February 18th, 2012, 17:49
Got my A6 4.2 apart to do the Bufkin pipe. Can't remember which way the engine mount sensor goes, inboard or out? Help! Snow is a comin' and I need Quattro!

SFJ_RS6
February 18th, 2012, 20:08
Both the RH and LH engine mount sensors go to the inboard side.

February 19th, 2012, 00:48
Thanks...of course I had to do it wrong first. Pic of Bufkin vs stock. My pipe was actually good, but the seals were shot.

Oil cooler out

The kit that you order to get the oil cooler seal (figure 8 gasket) does not include the oil cooler pipe input seal. Make sure you get one.

Definitely had the pipe seals leaking. All done and no leaks....

SFJ_RS6
February 19th, 2012, 02:30
Glad you got your A6 back together in time for the snow! That's the storm that may or may not hit us in Denver tomorrow night - depending on which weather forecaster you believe. I worked on the same project today on my RS6 with engine out. My plastic pipe was ok and the pipe seals were ok, but glad I'm doing it as PM while I have the engine on the bench. My ($40!!) kit 077198405 came with 6 seals in it (but not one for the water pipe as you point out - duh Audi), but I haven't figured out where they all go. The figure-8 seal is clear, and I think the 2 that are the same size go behind the actual sandwiched cooler. How many seals in your kit, and where did you find to put all of them??

Steve

February 19th, 2012, 03:50
Steve, That was the same set I got. Luckily I had an extra for the water pipe from my other A6. I only used the figure 8 seal and I have no idea where the others go but I didn't take the cooler apart either. The 2 big ones look big enough to go to the hose to radiator attachment. I can never get those off (scared to death to crack radiator) so I just take the hoses off where they clamp.

Definitely have to chat about taking out the motor as I'll probably do that when I do the tranny.