PDA

View Full Version : Auto Transport Companies

bilbozilla
October 18th, 2003, 01:28
Hello All -
I've got to transport my car (when it comes in) halfway across the US of A. Does anyone have a recommended covered carrier they have used to transport their vehicles? Any companies they would NOT recommend?

I searched the threads for this, as it came up a while ago, but I could not find anything.

gregoryindiana
October 20th, 2003, 00:05
Based in Connecticut, I believe, is the one I used about 4 years ago to transport a 928 I bought in the SF area back to here in Indiana.

They did a great job, price was worth it for the enclosed peace of mind, and they had GPS tracking so you could call them and find out where the truck was so you could anticipate the arrival a little better.

I would use them again.

Bauer
October 20th, 2003, 06:00
Bilbozilla,

I also used intercity to ship an A8 and was VERY happy, I agree about the enclosed part. No need having the chance of damage to your new car.

Nothing like seeing your baby come off a huge enclosed truck....it is very cool.:cheers:

Speed Technik
October 21st, 2003, 16:39
We have used Dependable Auto Shippers in the past. I used them recently to ship a pick up truck I bought off ebay in Texas. Good price, nice people and everything they promissed came true. We have also used Intercity with good results aswell. Both companies can provide enclosed rigs too.

Brian

bilbozilla
October 21st, 2003, 16:41
Thanks for your info, everybody. This has helped me make an informed decision.