PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in near Wexford, PA can check out an RS6 for me?

alrightroad
February 15th, 2012, 16:05
I've been shopping for a while. This one has been for sale for a while. While it is not perfect (I would like SEE, warm weather and carbon)... I think it can be had for a deal. Exhaust and carbon can be added later. This VIN did not pull up on the VIN thread/list, FYI.

http://websites.dealershipids.com/lwauto/view_vehicle.html?vehicle_id=NDA4

I'm in Charleston, SC so just a little far to run over and check this one out.

Thanks.

Eric

ben916
February 15th, 2012, 18:10
Eric,

That one doesn't have the WWP:
1. look at the dash on the center cluster on the left side of the ESP button, no rear sunshade screen.
2. Also looking at the rear door cards, there isn't a tab to pull up the manual sunshades.
3. Also the sunroof is standard, not a solar cell = powers the dashboard fans to circulate air.

It looks like that one has been taken care of as they proudly display tons of photos!

Also that VIN was added to the list...

SteveKen
February 15th, 2012, 18:13
I work about 30 min. from Wexford.

PM me your timetable for having it examined and making an offer.

I'd be willing to look at it for you and VAG-COM it for any current or uncleared codes.

I know the RS6 pretty well and should be able to give you an informed decision.

alrightroad
February 15th, 2012, 18:13
Eric,

1. look at the dash on the center cluster on the left side of the ESP button, no rear sunshade screen.
2. Also looking at the rear door cards, there isn't a tab to pull up the manual sunshades.
3. Also the sunroof is standard, not a solar cell = powers the dashboard fans to circulate air.

It looks like that one has been taken care of as they proudly display tons of photos!

Right. I knew it didnt have warm weather... was going to settle for not having it (and carbon/SEE) if they would come down on price a good chunk. Thanks for the reply.

I didnt see it on the VIN list... maybe I searched incorrectly.

alrightroad
February 15th, 2012, 18:17
I work about 30 min. from Wexford.

PM me your timetable for having it examined and making an offer.

I'd be willing to look at it for you and VAG-COM it for any current or uncleared codes.

I know the RS6 pretty well and should be able to give you an informed decision.

Thanks for the offer, SteveKen. I'll let you know how discussions shape up with them the next few days. If they are responsive then I can make offer late in the week or first part of next week. PM sent.

Brav
February 15th, 2012, 18:34
The good news is, an exhaust and new carbon trim are easily had, for relatively cheap. There are some nice CF inserts you can get due to the general C5 A6 demand. I bet you can find an SE exhaust used as well, 90 dollar job to have it welded in.

alrightroad
February 15th, 2012, 18:43
The good news is, an exhaust and new carbon trim are easily had, for relatively cheap. There are some nice CF inserts you can get due to the general C5 A6 demand. I bet you can find an SE exhaust used as well, 90 dollar job to have it welded in.

Exactly. I'm sourcing carbon inserts for my allroad now so I guess I should just double the QTY just in case.

ben916
February 15th, 2012, 21:29

Hmmm, I have been looking and made a reasonable offer, never heard back...

Brav
February 15th, 2012, 21:41
Then get flowmasters with black tips, and cut out the resonators :)

4everRS
February 16th, 2012, 01:26
Just get a pair of these bad boys.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/1dec5ec0.jpg

alrightroad
February 16th, 2012, 02:19
Eric,

Ben916, would you mind shooting me a link to the location of the VIN in the list? I searched the VIN compilation thread but no luck even using wildcards. Thx.