PDA

View Full Version : AUTO Door locking / lights on ?

TaTaPiRaTa
October 17th, 2003, 22:27
Do you know if it is possible to reprogram the beast computer or do any other trick that the doors automatically lock after gaining some speed from standby?

Also I would like to get the main lights go on automatically when I start the engine and get switched off when the engine is off. I had that option programmed in my bimmer this year at no extra charge. I simply left the switch in the ON position and the lights went on when the engine started. I could not use lights at all by switching to OFF, or have anytime the park lights on when switched to that position. I hope its doable on RS6.

I'm driving RS6 Avant build 2002 - if this helps /Europe/.

AvusRS6
October 18th, 2003, 01:17
Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
Do you know if it is possible to reprogram the beast computer or do any other trick that the doors automatically lock after gaining some speed from standby?

Also I would like to get the main lights go on automatically when I start the engine and get switched off when the engine is off. I had that option programmed in my bimmer this year at no extra charge. I simply left the switch in the ON position and the lights went on when the engine started. I could not use lights at all by switching to OFF, or have anytime the park lights on when switched to that position. I hope its doable on RS6.

I'm driving RS6 Avant build 2002 - if this helps /Europe/.

Yes, mine was done. It depends on how good your relationship is with your dealer.

M key can open and close windows as well now.

Erik
October 18th, 2003, 13:25
TaTaPiRaTa, it's a simple thing done by software by Audi Service.

I had my 2.7T reprogrammed and at 10 km/h it locks all doors.

I think this is standard in the US but not in Europe.

JP4
October 18th, 2003, 15:17
Originally posted by Erik
TaTaPiRaTa, it's a simple thing done by software by Audi Service.

I had my 2.7T reprogrammed and at 10 km/h it locks all doors.

I think this is standard in the US but not in Europe.

Doors will NOT automatically lock on US cars from the factory without reprogramming.

TaTaPiRaTa
October 18th, 2003, 18:44
Originally posted by AvusRS6
Yes, mine was done. It depends on how good your relationship is with your dealer.

Thanks, but do you meant lights as well ??