PDA

View Full Version : Any extended warranty advice?

hunter
February 13th, 2012, 19:07
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 93,000 miles BEAST. I had a pre purchase inspection done, everything looks good. I've been very thorough in my homework in researching the maintenance history on this vehicle. It has had the 75,000 mile service completely done on time it has been recieving regular oil changes at proximally 10,000 mi intervals, it had the DRC system replaced for a second time on december 19th 2011 and the front brakes were done completely pads and rotors less than 2 weeks ago. But from my research it seems it has original T/C and tranny and turbos. The local audi dealership will sell me an audi factory extended warranty called audi pure protection (after a dealership inspection for pre-existing sguff). I can buy a 2 year 24000 mi powertrain only warranty 4 basically $2500 bucks or I can by what they call their silver plan which would be basically $500 dollars more and would add to the powertrain warranty air conditioning system, electrical system, rack and pinion, and front end suspension system with some limitations obviously. Both have $250 deductible and it is transferrable.

So either way id be on my own for the turbos and intercoolers and such. Any suggestionsfrom the passengers already aboard THE CRAZY TRAIN?

Or price out a Fidelity or protective?

twinsteve
February 13th, 2012, 20:39
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a 93,000 miles BEAST. I had a pre purchase inspection done, everything looks good. I've been very thorough in my homework in researching the maintenance history on this vehicle. It has had the 75,000 mile service completely done on time it has been recieving regular oil changes at proximally 10,000 mi intervals, it had the DRC system replaced for a second time on december 19th 2011 and the front brakes were done completely pads and rotors less than 2 weeks ago. But from my research it seems it has original T/C and tranny and turbos. The local audi dealership will sell me an audi factory extended warranty called audi pure protection (after a dealership inspection for pre-existing sguff). I can buy a 2 year 24000 mi powertrain only warranty 4 basically $2500 bucks or I can by what they call their silver plan which would be basically $500 dollars more and would add to the powertrain warranty air conditioning system, electrical system, rack and pinion, and front end suspension system with some limitations obviously. Both have $250 deductible and it is transferrable.

So either way id be on my own for the turbos and intercoolers and such. Any suggestionsfrom the passengers already aboard THE CRAZY TRAIN?

Or price out a Fidelity or protective?

I have the Fidelity Platinum (or whatever they all their to of the line exclusionary policy)....IMHO, get the most coverage Fidelity will sell you

LIRS6
February 13th, 2012, 21:43
I have the Fidelity Platinum (or whatever they all their to of the line exclusionary policy)....IMHO, get the most coverage Fidelity will sell you

Due to the car's mileage (93k), I believe that Platinum is not an option.

Fwiw, 2 yrs ago I opted for 4 yrs/48k miles powertrain only ($3k, $100 deductible). Haven't used it yet.

Good luck!

4.2Crew
February 13th, 2012, 22:03
Please keep us updated... I tried to initiate coverage. But, apparently, after Dec 2011, Fidelity will not initiate new coverage/policy on a 2003 RS6. It didn't even matter that the car had an Audi warranty, CPO warranty AND Fidelity 4 year policy thru June 2011..... All congruent!

vitalian
February 13th, 2012, 22:47
I would suggest sending a PM to forum member SAFE4NOW. He is a "go-to guy" when it comes to aftermarket service contracts (aka "warranties"). Also, be aware it becomes increasingly difficult to find coverage the higher your odometer goes.

ben916
February 13th, 2012, 23:18
As vitalian stated, Mileage is going to be the only determining factor on your aftermarket warranty.

I have the Protective Warranty (Prism) - Supreme level (36k miles or 36 mo @ $2800 base + $200 for AWD + $200 for turbo) = $3200 ($200 deductible) when the car was 36,200.
You have to read the wording for Suspension systems CAREFULLY and transmission systems CAREFULLY.
Variable damping systems...

Also, HUNTER -> there is a car in San Diego with 65k Mugello, Recaros, RNS-E and IIRC a warranty for $26,500 -> username is mbrooks1956 -> HERE http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23889-RS-6-For-Sale!?highlight= (http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23889-RS-6-For-Sale%21?highlight=)

RSSIK
February 14th, 2012, 01:38
I just purchased a warranty from fidelity thru the local Audi dealer. They had no problems selling me the warranty. I feel whomever you spoke to is lying most likely because not enough profit is involved for them to do so. They f&i manager that helped me was very willing to sell me the warranty and also provide me with other price quotes for a few other RS6.com members those who shall not be named. If you would like to you can send me the vin # and I can contact the manager I spoke to or I can just give you the contact information for the very helpful manager. And yes I did shop prices throughout all new jersey audi dealers and he promised to beat my lowest reasonable price and he did exactly that..

hunter
February 14th, 2012, 08:17
I'm going to copy and paste the Powertrain and Silver AUDI PURE PROTECTION from the brochure pdf. I know I'm going to get the powertrain coverage just dont know if the Silver is worth another $500. I can also get the Gold for only 1 yr 12K mi for $2800

Powertrain
ENGINE: Engine block and cylinder heads and all internally lubricated parts including pistons, piston rings, pins and cylinder sleeves; crankshaft, pulley, main bearings, caps and bolts; connecting rods, rod bearings, caps and bolts; camshaft(s), camshaft bearings, buttons and plugs; timing gears and timing chain or belt; rocker arms, rocker arm pivots, shafts and bushings; intake and exhaust valves, springs, guides, adjusters, retainers and seats; pushrods and lifters; intake manifold; exhaust manifolds; balance shaft; water pump; fuel pump; thermostat; oil pump, cover, gears, pressure relief valve and screen; rotor housing, rotors, shims and silent shaft; all internal fasteners, nuts and bolts; turbocharger/supercharger assembly including boost valve and wastegate; seals and gaskets.
TRANSMISSION/TRANSAXLE/TRANSFER CASE:
Transmission/transaxle case and all internally lubricated parts including ring and pinion gears; oil pump, cover, gears, housing and vanes; torque converter; valve body(s); throttle valve; valve pack; governor, gear and cover; parking gear and pawl; roll pins; sprags; sprockets; chain; springs; stator and shaft; pressure regulator valve; pressure switches; solenoids; bands; automatic transmission/transaxle clutch, drums, pistons and steel plates; planetary and sun gears; servos and rings; blockers; synchronizer hubs and keys; bearings; bushings; supports and shafts; control rings; yoke; extension housing; speedometer drive gears; accumulators and rings; adjusters; all internal fasteners, nuts and bolts; shift cover and forks; separate bell housing; transfer case and all internal parts contained within the transfer case; seals and gaskets. (STANDARD TRANSMISSION CLUTCH ASSEMBLIES AND ALL COMPONENT PARTS ARE NOT COVERED.)

DRIVE AXLE:Differential/axle housing(s) and all internally lubricated parts including the axle flange; ring and pinion gear/carrier assembly; spider gears and bearings; pins; retainers; positraction clutches, plates and springs; cover; seals and gaskets.
Powertrain covers the major components on your vehicle and offers protection against many major mechanical breakdowns.

Silver offers all of the same features of Powertrain, with the following additional benefits:

SILVER
STEERING: Steering gear housing and internal parts including control rings, valves, pinion shaft, pitman shaft, worm shaft and gear, sector shaft, bearings, adjusters; rack and pinion housing and internal parts including control valve, rack bellows, mounts, rack shaft and yoke, spool valve, bearings; power steering pump and internal parts including housing, reservoir, shaft and vanes; power steering pump mounting brackets; seals and gaskets.

BRAKES: Master cylinder; vacuum or hydraulic brake booster assembly; hydraulic lines, hoses and fittings; brake pedal apply pin; seals and gaskets. (ABS COMPONENTS NOT COVERED.)

AIR CONDITIONING:Condensor; compressor; evaporator; orifice/ expansion; seals and gaskets.

FRONT SUSPENSION: Upper and lower control arms, shafts and bushings; struts, housing and cartridge; spindle/steering knuckle and spindle support.

ELECTRICAL:Alternator housing and all internal parts including bearings, bushings, brushes, rectifier bridge, diodes, field coil and rotor; alternator mounting bracket; voltage regulator; starter motor housing and all internal parts including bushings, brushes, field windings, starter drive and solenoid.
<table style="border-collapse: collapse"><tbody><tr><td style="border-style: solid; border-top-width: 0.000000pt; border-right-width: 0.000000pt; border-right-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-bottom-width: 1.012000pt; border-bottom-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-left-width: 0.000000pt; border-left-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%)">
</td></tr><tr><td style="border-style: solid; border-top-width: 1.012000pt; border-top-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-right-width: 0.000000pt; border-right-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-bottom-width: 1.012000pt; border-bottom-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-left-width: 0.000000pt; border-left-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%)">
</td></tr><tr><td style="border-style: solid; border-top-width: 1.012000pt; border-top-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-right-width: 0.000000pt; border-right-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-bottom-width: 0.750000pt; border-bottom-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-left-width: 0.000000pt; border-left-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%)"> Gold

Gold offers all of the same features of Powertrain and Silver, with the following additional benefits:

ENGINE: Oil pan; valve, timing and side covers; thermostat housing; water pump pulley; engine mounts; harmonic balancer; flex plate/ flywheel and ring gear.

TRANSMISSION: Oil pan; detent cable; kickdown link; TVI/throttle cable; vacuum modulator; transmission mounts.

DRIVE AXLE: Constant velocity joints; slip joint; front wheel drive axles/ half-shafts and wheel bearings; u-joints; couplings; flex disc; prop shafts; center support bearings.

STEERING: Tie rods, idler and pitman arms, center/drag link, coupling and shafts; cooler lines.

BRAKES: Compensator/proportioning valve; metering valve; calipers, piston, seal and dust boot; wheel cylinders, cups, seals, spring and dust boots; backing plate; brake adjusters; brake pedal, pedal lever and pedal pivot; parking brake cable; ABS component parts including control processor/module, pump, dump valve, wheel speed sensors, solenoids, accumulator, and pressure differential switch.

AIR CONDITIONING: Accumulator; receiver drier; automatic temperature control programmer; clutch assembly including coil, disc and pulley; control cables; cutoff switch; serpentine belt tensioner, bearing and pulley.

FRONT SUSPENSION:Wheel bearings; ball joints and bushings; kingpin and bushings; stabilizer bar, links and bushings; torsion bar, mounts and bushings; track bar, links and bushings.

ELECTRICAL: Front and rear wiper motor, transmission and linkage; power window motor; window regulators; power seat motor; steering column multi-function switch and individual switches for turn signal, headlamp, dimmer, wiper, washer and speed control; mirror motor switch; brake light switch; neutral safety switch; glove box light switch; courtesy light switch; cooling fan relay; air control solenoid; air regulator valve; I.A.C. motor; electronic ignition module; electronic instrument panel module; ignition coil; engine distributor including shaft, gear, bushings and modules; throttle position sensor; vehicle speed sensor; M.A.P. sensor; knock sensor and barometric pressure sensor.

RSSIK, does this look like what you bought recently? and can your guy do better than the $2575 for 2yr/24k Powertrain or $3040 for the Silver 2yr/24k mi or $3800 1yr/12k mi Gold all with $250 ded.

Also, that gold covers most of the power cabin items like pwr windows, locks and power seats. Can you guys tell me how the power items in the cabin are holding up on your RS6s?

Thanks for all the help gents!

</td></tr><tr><td style="border-style: solid; border-top-width: 0.750000pt; border-top-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-right-width: 0.000000pt; border-right-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%); border-bottom-width: 0.030000pt; border-left-width: 0.000000pt; border-left-color: rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 0.000000%)">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

hunter
February 14th, 2012, 09:00
122811228212283122841228512286:rs6kiss:

Lancerator
February 15th, 2012, 03:12
I know that car :-)

alrightroad
February 15th, 2012, 16:08
I just purchased a warranty from fidelity thru the local Audi dealer. They had no problems selling me the warranty. I feel whomever you spoke to is lying most likely because not enough profit is involved for them to do so. They f&i manager that helped me was very willing to sell me the warranty and also provide me with other price quotes for a few other RS6.com members those who shall not be named. If you would like to you can send me the vin # and I can contact the manager I spoke to or I can just give you the contact information for the very helpful manager. And yes I did shop prices throughout all new jersey audi dealers and he promised to beat my lowest reasonable price and he did exactly that..

Was this purchased with your car or seperately after you owned the car?

RSSIK
February 19th, 2012, 06:53
No, I owned the car for well over a year before I even thought about contacting the dealership. They even gave me 0% for 18 months for an extra $300. It was a blessing to deal with that dealership. So far no issues. I know my pricing was different because my car had just under 25k miles when i did purchase the warranty. it varies by miles for those cars..

colton14
June 9th, 2012, 21:05
Does extended warrenties work with salvage title rs6's?? Mine has 57k.