PDA

View Full Version : 4wd prob with S3

400hpS3
October 17th, 2003, 18:02
Has anyone got a 300+hp Audi S3. Ive dyno'd mine to 403hp/589Nm. Anyway, Have you had problems with the 4-wheel drive. I mean if that brakes, might get nasty and expensive.

Erik
October 18th, 2003, 14:45
Nrn has a ~350-380 hp TT Roadster tuned by ACE Competition.

I know MTM has a selector for the Haldex cluth that can adjust the power you get front / rear.

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/tt.asp?cat=auditt&product=FMHALDEX

Nrn
October 18th, 2003, 22:46
I havent had any problems at all with mine yet, Ill see next year if it still holds up after the next modifications! The goal is to have ~450bhp (Including a 50hp shot of nitrous).

And I ran a 60 foot at 1.794 with a 1600kg car, including myself!
So the transmission seems to hold up! :ttaddict:

The run was 135.75km/h@8.31 at the 1/8 mile!

:)

BR /Nicke

Scatmans3
November 4th, 2003, 05:13
Ahoy there!
I might be of some reference.
So far I have used my S3's traction to it's best, having powersliding as a hobby. I tell you, it does hold up. You should just be careful because if you get the gearbox's lower support (sorry, can't translate from portuguese) to break, it will apply unnecessary movements to the gearbox and it's connection to the main axle wich leads to the rear differential. That part, wich connects the gearbox to the cardan axle can break, but it goes for about US$ 400,00, so, not that much of a scare...
About Haldex controller, no info, only read a few comments saying it will only make a permanent 50/50 power split, giving you full-time real 4-wheel-drive, wich is awful for asphalt and dry pavements.
However, folks from RallyTT have used the original drivetrain in their rally TT and it hasn't let them down. The only had a remap on the Haldex ECU from Haldex itself so they could handle it better during rallies (i.e.: sideways), but no physical upgrades, for they are not allowed in their rallying category.

BTW, I have boosted mine to 363hp (took it all off, for I was aiming for 450hp at least) and had no problems with drivetrain - only a third gear fork broke, but then again I do shift aggressivelly when... comparing to fellows' cars..