PDA

View Full Version : Took the RS6 to Infineon Today

kuzmanich
February 3rd, 2012, 05:24
Took the new "family car" to Infineon today for a day of driving with the instructors at Sim Raceway. The RS6 is an amazing car on the track. I ran with an M6 and our instructor who set the pace in an EVO.

We ended up being the quickest in our group which included an R8, GT4 RS, S2000, an EVO and an S5. I am totally impressed with my unmodified RS6 as our group passed the more expensive machines.

It was definitely holding it's own against the V10 in the M6, the twin turbo V8 is nuts!

Anyway, pretty beat will post video sometime soon. Here's a quick pic.12237 12238:race:

4everRS
February 3rd, 2012, 06:08
Awesome! Looks like tons of fun. Hope to see a video soon.

ben916
February 3rd, 2012, 06:12
That would be one of the tracks that I would LOVE to drive on, that and Laguna Seca... oh and the RING!!!!

Welcome!
Impressive first post!
Got a VIN?

Jimmy
February 3rd, 2012, 13:06
Lovin' all the brake dust there !! Any brake fade?

What speed were you able to get it up to ?

MaxRS6
February 3rd, 2012, 13:16
Nice first post and that sounds like a great day...Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1293713060

Elevens
February 3rd, 2012, 13:57
Excellent first Post!! Nice to see an Unmodified 6 representing so well. Just wait until you get that thing Tuned. Warp 3 mister Sulu.................

lswing
February 3rd, 2012, 17:03
Great way to start off with your car. Having a tune is simply amazing. When I was shopping around I drove a stock and though something was wrong with it after driving the tuned one that I bought.
The stocker would go pretty good, but good loooord when I take off now it's warp speed...

Guessing you have the DRC on the car, it's been good for me on twisty roads for the most part as long as they are smooth. Some dips and bumps can launch the car a bit. Feels a little loose above 100 too. Interested to know your speeds and feel in the corners. Enjoy!

kuzmanich
February 3rd, 2012, 18:33
Hello All, thanks for the warm welcome :)

Here's a couple quick answers to q's above...

Regarding brake fade, there was a bit during the Auto Cross portion of the class but on the track the brakes were solid through two 20 min sessions. The car is very neutral and was transitioning weight well on the track. It's a great car for Infineon there's plenty of straights.

In terms of speed, I was limited by having to follow the instructor (probably a good thing) but he said we were hitting 110-115 in the straight from turn 11 up to turn 2 at the hill. These speeds are slow by highway standards but take on a whole new meaning at the track. I have to say that Forza4 on xbox is a great simulator for Infineon. The game doesn't impart the elevation changes and compression areas but as far as turns and breaking points it's pretty spot on.

In terms of corner feel I love it, understeer was easily correctable and oversteer was more of a slight neutral slide, very controllable at 85-90 or so. I can only imagine how things would improve with softer tires and slightly wider wheels, probably my first modification.

Here's a few more pics, will post video later today once I wrap my my work..1223912240122411224212243