PDA

View Full Version : Hartmann wheels?

twinsteve
January 28th, 2012, 19:45
What do folks think of them in terms of quality, durability etc?

4everRS
January 28th, 2012, 19:54
Mine have been fine. I did slightly crack one, but it was my fault.

hahnmgh63
January 28th, 2012, 22:58
I've heard stories of a lot of them bending or cracking in the past. That is why I spent the money and went with BBS forged wheels.

4everRS
January 28th, 2012, 23:37
Well, my issue was that I was doing too much hooning at track event. As I was sliding sideways, I think a rock wedged itself between the pavement and my rim. There was quite a jolt, then after I took the wheel off I noticed a small crack.

Hy Octane
January 29th, 2012, 19:18
As with any rims, you must make sure they are certified to handle the weight of these cars.. like the XL tires we have to use on them are..

twinsteve
January 29th, 2012, 20:05
As with any rims, you must make sure they are certified to handle the weight of these cars.. like the XL tires we have to use on them are..

Is there a formal weight-based certification or "XL" equivalent for wheels? Or are you taking the word of the manufacturer?

dab
January 31st, 2012, 14:40
I have forged rs/4 from hartmann and I have to had all of them repaired. One bent because I went across a railroad crossing. Buyer Beware.

4everRS
January 31st, 2012, 15:37
Hartmann makes forged wheels?
I have forged rs/4 from hartmann and I have to had all of them repaired. One bent because I went across a railroad crossing. Buyer Beware.