PDA

View Full Version : Suspension upgrade options....

4.2Crew
January 23rd, 2012, 23:48
The more research I do, the more I like the 2Bennet coil-over bolt-in set-up.... Easy bolt-in upgrade. But, just wondering, is there another option where the oem spring is transfered onto an aftermarket strut assembly while also removing the DRC crap?... More work, but less cost. I like the roverall ride in terms of spring rate and ride height of the oem set-up, just want to ace the DRC...

arS6
January 24th, 2012, 00:08
I've had 2b coil overs in my allroad and they sent me the wrong springs with wrong spring rates 3 times! I had to pay for the labor to remove and install them! Their tech support isn't bad when you need help but when I asked to reimburse me for the extra labor that they caused, they just suck! They will never get my business or will I ever recommend them. I think the coil overs for my allroad was poorly developed and not rated for the weight of the car. The suspension eventually developed a "clunk" noise that I couldn't get rid of even after replacing control arms. I eventually removed the suspension and went back to stock. No more clunks. No more 2b! I say stay away.

lswing
January 24th, 2012, 00:41
Most people seem to like the kw-v3's, good price and adjustable height, that's my plan this spring/summer...

4.2Crew
January 24th, 2012, 00:46
I've had 2b coil overs in my allroad and they sent me the wrong springs with wrong spring rates 3 times! I had to pay for the labor to remove and install them! Their tech support isn't bad when you need help but when I asked to reimburse me for the extra labor that they caused, they just suck! They will never get my business or will I ever recommend them. I think the coil overs for my allroad was poorly developed and not rated for the weight of the car. The suspension eventually developed a "clunk" noise that I couldn't get rid of even after replacing control arms. I eventually removed the suspension and went back to stock. No more clunks. No more 2b! I say stay away.

Wow. Good feedback. Bad experience, wasted time, and hassle factor not the direction I want to go! If that was the case, I'd cozy-up more to the DRC!

ntrcptr
January 24th, 2012, 02:43
Am happy with my Bilsteins---can't wait to pair it with Hotchkis anti-sway.

hahnmgh63
January 24th, 2012, 06:33
I love the KW's and think the little extra cost is well worth it and a lifetime warranty which I hope to never need. Someone here on the list did go with the 2Bennett's and his initial impression was happy but haven't heard anything lately. The KW's have been around for a few years and seen a lot of mileage here & in Europe and they seem to have a bullet proof reputation. I've heard of a couple of PSS9 failures but they've been around for a while too so the few that have failed seem to represent a small percentage. There is an H&R Coilover setup they seem to love in Europe for less cost than the KW's but I'm not sure if you can get it here yet or if you would have to order through Europe.

mik15
January 24th, 2012, 07:12
has anyone used H&R or FK? i am also looking for alternatives, even though my DRC has just been rebuilt, but knowing it's reliability issues i am pretty sure it won't last too long, it lasted not even 2 years since last rebuilt, so....

L.E. - you're read my mind hahnmgh63 (http://www.rs6.com/member.php/3357-hahnmgh63)...:)