PDA

View Full Version : Drive a Focus, love your RS6

lswing
January 23rd, 2012, 16:52
So I was in San Diego last week, driving a rented focus, which did pretty good all things considered. I knew I was missing the power and handling from my rs6, but what surprised me the most was the suspension. I've been bitching about my rebuilt DRC being rough, damn, it's amazing now after driving that focus around. Too often we get so familiar with our cars and don't realize just how amazing they are, although anything can be made better.

Speaking of better, saw and heard a sweet silver R8 with black side panels in La Jolla, beautiful car and the roar from the engine sounded sweet! Also got to view a beautiful F430, and a few nice Audi's.

ben916
January 23rd, 2012, 16:57
um, thanks for the heads up.... just kidding!

Driving my wife's SUV (2012 Honda CR-V FWD and just dumped the 2010 Acura MDX SH-AWD) - big difference between RS6 and, well, everything else ;)

lswing
January 23rd, 2012, 16:59
You know what I meant...now go buy some damn brake pads:)

speedtrapped
January 23rd, 2012, 17:01
yesssss......after swallowing my meds and driving my rs6 in the snow this weekend, I realized I almost screwed the pooch....thank god I didnt...btw, save your pennies and buy some KWv3's...u will be glad u did

kday
January 23rd, 2012, 17:24
I've been driving my UrS4 while I do the timing belt on my RS6, and the thing that has struck me the most is how effortless the power of the RS6 is. The 5 cylinder turbo can be pretty fast, but it takes constant attention to be in the right gear at all times. If you floor it at 1500 RPM you go nowhere. This is similar (but not as dramatic) in my turbo Miata. I was completely used to driving like that until I got the RS6 and developed bad habits :)

The other thing I realized is that I really do in fact dislike automatic transmissions, even if I do acclimate.

SzymekCRX
January 24th, 2012, 06:48
Doing exactly like in the topic :) Got a Focus 2009 edition outside (for daily) and RS6 in my garage. Love both for different reasons

ben916
January 24th, 2012, 22:19
Doing exactly like in the topic :) Got a Focus 2009 edition outside (for daily) and RS6 in my garage. Love both for different reasons

Are you gonna Ken Block it? :)

kismetcapitan
January 25th, 2012, 19:05
a bit of a different experience for me - I spent three weeks over the holidays in Korea, driving my Skyline. The RS6 w/DRC is actually a bit harsher over road imperfections, and lacks the visceral power of 700bhp hitting all at once, screaming to 9000rpm. But to be honest, after a week, I began to miss the comfort of the RS6, and like any big-turbo car, you have to drive the Skyline in anger to get the goods - flooring the throttle in 5th on the highway yields no movement whatsoever!

I do love that car, and it is insanely fast. But it does so with a lot of drama and effort, and while the RS6 might be a second or two slower to 100mph, it's so smooth in hitting very extra-legal speeds. One needs both...

back on topic, for a Ford hatchback, I want that thing Tanner Faust is driving...