PDA

View Full Version : RS6 with a Black Roof?

sx3mac
January 23rd, 2012, 01:08
This is my first thread I have started, with that said I purchased my RS6 about 4 months ago. I wanted to make it my own, so just recently I decided to play with some different looks with vinyl since it is not permanent and doesnt damage the car. I blacked out the silver trim on the front and rear of the car and also put on a black roof. I did this with 3D carbon fiber vinyl. hopefully the pictures I post come out.

Now with all that said, I think I like the blacked out trim look and will stick with that. Let me know if you guys like the look too. As far as the roof goes, I think I am going to take it off. I am about to purchase the VMR 701s in matte black, so I am going to wait to make my decision after I have the wheels on, but I wouldn't mide all of your imputs on everything so far? Black trim or no Black trim? Black roof or now Black roof? Thanks for the input.

JSRS6
January 23rd, 2012, 03:44
Well, you saw mine, so you know how I feel.

sx3mac
January 23rd, 2012, 18:59
I know, I have always liked the blacked out look, because I really dont like the the bright brushed alluminum or chrome on vehices. What do you think of the RS6 with a black roof? Should I keep it?
I installed the H&R springs I got this weekend. It made the car handel a whole lot nicer and gave it a good look. The rake between the front and back is greater and I can notice a slight difference just when you sit in the car because the angle you look at the road is a tad bit different ( also becauseshe is lowered ) . It is starting to grow on me now and I am beggining to like it, especially since the ride is smoother and the handeling is now freaking amazing. Corners that I used to push it at 60 MPH would have the body rolling a little , now I can take the same turns at 70MPH+ and there is no body roll at all and I feel like I can push her even more because it feels like nothing now. Well I will post pictures later when I get the black VMR 701s on.

vitalian
January 23rd, 2012, 19:04
Just my 2 cents, I would remove the black on the roof and keep it stock/Avus. Again, just my opinion, but I think it breaks up the visual lines of the car.

MaxRS6
January 23rd, 2012, 19:19
Just my 2 cents, I would remove the black on the roof and keep it stock/Avus. Again, just my opinion, but I think it breaks up the visual lines of the car.
+1

I look forward to the new wheel pics- they should look great. Congrats on improving the handling! Good luck and continued success with getting it like you want it.

lswing
January 23rd, 2012, 19:31
Feeling its a bit blacked out, I like how the silver ties the car together. Maybe no black roof, leave circles silver, and black out all stripping, like around the windows and trunk, just a though. Nice car and have fun!

ben916
January 23rd, 2012, 21:19
Why is the rear glass not tinted also? To me, that really throws off the colors of the car. I don't mind the black roof WITH the windows tinted.

Do NOT tint the rear brake lights/turn signals/etc...

Elevens
January 23rd, 2012, 21:26
Beautiful car, just get rid of the Black Roof. I like the Blacked out Trim, even the Black Rings look good. This is a photo of mine with my Rotiform wheels (which are actually silver grey) Photoshopped to a Dark Grey Semi-Gloss color. Not certain what the exact color is, but I am going to have the painter match the color and refinish them in that color. Just thought I would give you an Idea of what it would look like with dark colored wheels. Remember your car is a lighter color Grey (Avus) whereas mine is a Darker color Grey (Daytona) So Too dark a wheel might not match up to well. Just food for thought. Good luck with the car and may the Mods begin.....................................

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/P1010449A.jpg

Brav
January 23rd, 2012, 21:29
Remove roof vinyl. Not a rice rocket/half assed project A4. Black trim is a go. May or may not leave rings black, works both ways. And I agree.. do NOT tint the brake lights!

sx3mac
January 24th, 2012, 01:26
Thank you guys for all the input. I actually took the black roof off today before I read all your replys. I agree with them all, just wanted to play around with different ideas and then post them in case someone else had the same idea in their head, now they will kind of get the better idea that it doesnt work well with the car. I am still keeping my blacked out grills for now. I am looking into getting the smoked hella tail lights because I like the DARK look myself and to each their own.

Ben I know I need to get around to tinting the rear window, just a lot of work to do it. The gentlemen I bought it from, I guess he said it was illegal in his state to have the rear window tinted and they made him strip it.

Mods to begin in the next few months when I get back from a business trip here is to have test pipes replace the cats (already gutted the pre cats), matte black VMR 701s, TCU upgrade, and a custom tune from a good friend I have in FL in whom I trust. Once that is done, I will post pre and post dyno runs. Oh yea and also tint the rear window!

johnnie27
January 24th, 2012, 01:28
This is my first thread I have started, with that said I purchased my RS6 about 4 months ago. I wanted to make it my own, so just recently I decided to play with some different looks with vinyl since it is not permanent and doesnt damage the car. I blacked out the silver trim on the front and rear of the car and also put on a black roof. I did this with 3D carbon fiber vinyl. hopefully the pictures I post come out.

Now with all that said, I think I like the blacked out trim look and will stick with that. Let me know if you guys like the look too. As far as the roof goes, I think I am going to take it off. I am about to purchase the VMR 701s in matte black, so I am going to wait to make my decision after I have the wheels on, but I wouldn't mide all of your imputs on everything so far? Black trim or no Black trim? Black roof or now Black roof? Thanks for the input.

here is mine in gloss blk!
http://www.rs6.com/asset.php?fid=10397&uid=15626&d=1292369778

johnnie27
January 24th, 2012, 01:44
here is mine in gloss blk!
http://www.rs6.com/asset.php?fid=10397&uid=15626&d=1292369778

here it is bigger pick, boy oh boy i love chop sticks

Elevens
January 24th, 2012, 01:50
Looks Damn Nice!! Especially that Chin Spoiler................

sx3mac
January 24th, 2012, 02:09
I do have to say I like that front lip also!

lswing
January 24th, 2012, 02:09
Agreed, real nice work there...

johnnie27
January 24th, 2012, 02:10
Looks Damn Nice!! Especially that Chin Spoiler................

thanks man, i loved my mates silver E55 has the pano , when mine is washed being gloss, it looks just like a glass roof when you see it driving......doing a bit of a make over late feb...will post some pics for some to like and some to pick on no doubt..bahhhhhhh