PDA

View Full Version : Finally in an RS 6!!

Tom Sawyer
January 21st, 2012, 14:04
Picked up my Avus RS 6 last Saturday and I'm still pinching myself to make sure it's real. I'm sure when that first repair bill comes along it will be all too real (I'm a realist) but the car is simply amazing and I could not be happier. I did a quick post to the 'VIN thread' but here are the vital stats:

Avus Silver
Black Interior
SE Exhaust
Warm weather package (shades, solar panel)
Carbon Interior (I have to be careful not to get lost gazing at it while driving, just gorgeous!)
71K miles

Car is in amazing condition for the age. Bone stock, originally purchased and services at Champion in FL. Not a single door ding anywhere. A few minor spots from road dings on the front to touch up (my '04 S4 with 19K on the clock at purchase was in far less condition). It was definitely taken meticulous care of.

Trying to decide if I'll go Audi RNS-E or aftermarket (or even this: Aftermarket RNS-E (http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-RNS-E-HD-Navigation-system-2002-2008-A4-S4-RS4-NEW-FULL-WARRANTY-/330626464157?pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr&hash=item4cfadf799d#ht_1997wt_1042))

Only thing I wish the car had was auto-on headlights (funny that is missing) and I can't seem to synchronize the climate control to go up and down with just the drivers side like I could in my S4. Minor things... amazing ride!

MaxRS6
January 21st, 2012, 15:02
Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1293713060

Tom Sawyer
January 21st, 2012, 15:12
Thanks MaxRS6, tis great to be here!

NSU RS6
January 21st, 2012, 18:05
I feel your joy. This is a neat forum, some people have put alot of work in, and we are the beneficiaries. Contribute when you can!

Tom Sawyer
January 21st, 2012, 18:54
I definitely will... I was pretty active on audizine.com back when I had my B5 and B6 S4's. It's great to have these online communities of enthusiasts. Valuable and appreciated resources indeed!

Amulet-S6
January 21st, 2012, 23:47
Welcome to the club. I still get that feeling after 5 years. Enjoy yourself (and get a V1)

Jim
Kansas City
Avis Silver/ Black/ SE/ STaSIS Coilovers/ Stratmosphere ECU, TCU, DV, Downpipes/ Wagner IC's
109k miles

formula1man
January 22nd, 2012, 01:37
Indeed welcome, these are truly awe inspiring cars with alot of potential for mods....to keep us kids busy :)

Jimmy Joe
January 22nd, 2012, 06:52
Welcome to the family. You will be happy. Pics. !!

vitalian
January 22nd, 2012, 18:54
Welcome, and what Jimmy Joe said - pics please!

Tom Sawyer
January 24th, 2012, 11:54
Thanks everyone, I'll definitely get some pics posted soon. Hoping for some decent weather this weekend so I can give her a good detail, clay bar treatment etc.

Tom Sawyer
January 30th, 2012, 00:54
The weather was finally nice today, so spent the day doing a full detail... wash, full claybar treatment, wax etc. I'm always amazed at what a difference claybar makes... smooth as silk now. Used some Back to Black on the grills and black plastic parts and was amazed what a difference that made. Touched up a couple dings on the front... fun day with the new :addict:

MaxRS6
January 30th, 2012, 01:09
Congrats on a fun day and it looks great- Enjoy the efforts!

mik15
January 30th, 2012, 04:23
she's a very good looking one....congrats!

dcsweet
January 30th, 2012, 11:49
Tom, your garage is so nice and clean. I can see it already, a workbench over there, a couch and a fridge over here, and all that space just to sit and gaze at her.

Your car happens to be quite nice as well, enjoy the ride.

4.2Crew
January 30th, 2012, 12:48
Tom, your garage is so nice and clean. I can see it already, a workbench over there, a couch and a fridge over here, and all that space just to sit and gaze at her.

Your car happens to be quite nice as well, enjoy the ride.

He's not the only one that is "garage" neurotic... Can't sleep at night knowing something isn't put away... Maybe we can start a support group, Tom...

dcsweet
January 30th, 2012, 14:32
Now that is a beautiful place to park a car. I am showing my wife that photo tonight so she knows that auto paradise exists in places other than my mind.

Tom Sawyer
January 31st, 2012, 12:41
B E A utiful garage! I've got quite a bit of space 'in front' of the car as it's a 4 car 'tandem', that area definitely needs work. My summer project is to put up garage cabinets and get a respectable tool chest. Great idea on the support group, but my guess is that it would end up being an "Idea Group"... like a group of AA members getting together at a bar!! :hahahehe:

Jimmy Joe
February 1st, 2012, 04:41
Close cousin to the MexBeast, the fastest color inside & out, I also enjoy spending a lot of time making it look very nice. You should see Detailer's Domain for improvement ideas.
Unfortunatly, no garage like yours or 4.2 crew. I feel a little envy, but then again, you can't enjoy a Piņa Colada and get a suntan while you wash your car this time of the year, right ?

4.2Crew
February 1st, 2012, 12:07
Close cousin to the MexBeast, the fastest color inside & out, I also enjoy spending a lot of time making it look very nice. You should see Detailer's Domain for improvement ideas.
Unfortunatly, no garage like yours or 4.2 crew. I feel a little envy, but then again, you can't enjoy a Piņa Colada and get a suntan while you wash your car this time of the year, right ?

Com'on!... In mid January, you don't know what your miss'n when the garage door drops and the heat goes on. Nut'n better than slinking into a comfy "wife beater" and a pair of Daisey Duke's! Aahh, yes... Life is good!

Tom Sawyer
February 1st, 2012, 12:31

Not by a long shot!! Here in Nashville, it was maybe 60 degrees Sunday, definitely not Piņa Colada weather!! The sun helped though and I noticed the blower motor running from the solar panel when I had it in the driveway. Pretty cool feature for sure. Of course the 4.2tt under the hood is pretty handy too.... ;-)

Jimmy Joe
February 3rd, 2012, 05:16
Way to go, 4.2Crew !