PDA

View Full Version : Picked it up Wednesday, January 11.........

NSU RS6
January 20th, 2012, 20:40
Ordered 255/40-18 Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires (a few days before I had even signed for the car), Costco calls me last Friday telling me my tires have arrived 5 days early. No one is in Costco on Friday nights, so they have my tires on in less than an hour.

Then it snowed in Seattle...........and this RS6 has been tearing it up.

I have been on these lists since (for Audi's) it was the "quattrolist", but new to this one, although I have been browsing it for months (trying to convince myself I did not need an RS6 - like that worked). Hope to be here for a few good years. I would like to put out a thank you to all of you that have been here awhile and made this list what it is - the shared knowledge of these special cars is what makes them practical to run (well as practical as practical can be).

As for jumping on the slip-n-slide for upgrades RNS-E is on order, and an MTM TCU will done soon. 19" wheels/tires in a few months for spring/summer/fall. After that, I just hope that the DRC with 14K since recall/replacement lasts a couple of years, and that the TC does as well. Other than that, I just plan on enjoying the car and what an enjoyable car it is.

Thanks again - Craig

MaxRS6
January 20th, 2012, 20:50
Welcome aboard the..

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1293713060

Intro to each other in the car's natural element...Awesomeness!!

NSU RS6
January 20th, 2012, 20:58
Thanks MaxRS6, I love Ozzy, seen him a few times. Meanwhile, I picked this picture up a couple of years ago, and I photoshopped it last week just for this occasion:

hahnmgh63
January 20th, 2012, 21:10
Congrats Craig and welcome. You'll have to join us for the Audi / RS6 get together at Feierabend (422 Yale Ave N., Seattle. 1 block N. of REI), for beer night. We've had up to 4 RS6's there at one time but if we could get everyone there we might be able to come up with at least 7 or 8.

NSU RS6
January 20th, 2012, 21:24
Congrats Craig and welcome. You'll have to join us for the Audi / RS6 get together at Feierabend (422 Yale Ave N., Seattle. 1 block N. of REI), for beer night. We've had up to 4 RS6's there at one time but if we could get everyone there we might be able to come up with at least 7 or 8.

I plan on it - if only to see your car! White would have been my #1 pick for a color, but yours is the only one I have ever seen. So in my hunt for an RS6 the color had to be Avus or Daytona, and black interior. It still took months and driving several of these until I found a low mile, one owner, all records example.

Beastly
January 20th, 2012, 21:36
Craig, love the picture of your car in the snow, no way snow lasts on our hoods - enjoy!

vitalian
January 20th, 2012, 21:48
Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you at the next gathering at Feierabend!

hahnmgh63
January 20th, 2012, 21:51
Craig, also shoot ben916 a PM of your cars VIN and he'll check to see if it is in the list, most likely it is. He may also be able to tell you a little about it's previous owners and whether or not we may have known them from the list as Ben keeps the RS6 North America VIN database.

ben916
January 20th, 2012, 23:39
Welcome!

Where abouts in Seattle? That almost looks like Woodland park area but not 100%, but there could be some awesome drifting right there!!!!!

Lucky bastard in the snow with an RS6 on snow shoes!
The only thing better would be on a frozen lake with studded shoes and sliding around and bullying BMWs/Mercs/Porsches...

topcat_92
January 20th, 2012, 23:41
Welcome. Good to have another Seattle RS6 on the board. Feierabend for sure.

BTW, I put Blizzaks on ahead of the snow. Ridiculous!!! The RS6 has got to be a top 5 Snow car. Had to work at it to get the tires to spin.

nene
January 21st, 2012, 01:16
Welcome.

dcsweet
January 21st, 2012, 04:09
Craig - welcome and congratulations, it's always a good day when you take delivery. Sounds like you have a good list of upgrades (like me) and it takes a little time to figure out what is a good idea (and good value) and what is not.

Jimmy Joe
January 21st, 2012, 05:50
Very Welcome, thats a nice car, ¿ How many miles? ¿one owner?

Chung
January 21st, 2012, 06:46
Welcome. I missed all the snow being in Portland for the week.

NSU RS6
January 21st, 2012, 16:27
Welcome. I missed all the snow being in Portland for the week.

Thanks Chung, I am originally from Portland, great town - not a bad place to spend the week! Hope to see you at the next Feierabend GTG.

NSU RS6
January 21st, 2012, 16:44
Craig - welcome and congratulations, it's always a good day when you take delivery. Sounds like you have a good list of upgrades (like me) and it takes a little time to figure out what is a good idea (and good value) and what is not.

Thanks DC. You have a really nice car. If I had not set it in my mind that my car was either going to be Avus or Daytona, with ebony interior, that car would be in my garage instead of yours! I have driven six RS6's in the last several months, and yours (and mine!) were the best. It was nice to see all of the service records on that car too. That was a big deal for me.

Bike much? I try! I live just north of Redmond, and when the weather is nice, I roll through Issaquah on my counterclockwise way around Sammamish.

If not then, maybe at the next Feierabend.

Craig

NSU RS6
January 21st, 2012, 16:50
Very Welcome, thats a nice car, ¿ How many miles? ¿one owner?

Thanks Jimmy Joe. ¿. - I just had to cut and paste that because it is not on my keyboard....

One 61 year old owner, finance guy, all records from University Audi Seattle, 65K miles, spent its entire life in a garage on Mercer Island.

NSU RS6
January 21st, 2012, 17:10
Welcome. Good to have another Seattle RS6 on the board. Feierabend for sure.

BTW, I put Blizzaks on ahead of the snow. Ridiculous!!! The RS6 has got to be a top 5 Snow car. Had to work at it to get the tires to spin.

Ridiculous is right. I had a meeting 9:30 Thursday morning in Everett, and I left Canyon Park at 9:05. I5N is closed. Riding shotgun was an associate (from Michigan) who was suitably impressed with quattro. Like "Uhhhh, I am just going to concentrate on my phone messages/emails....I don't want to look up". I was only doing 50-55 on hardpack/slush. Got to our meeting on time, which he could not believe.

The RS6 is a tank in the snow, but then again so have all my quattros been when they have good shoes on.

Wait until the roads are dry......Mr. Michigan will be impressed again.:hahahehe:

NSU RS6
January 21st, 2012, 17:16
Welcome!

Where abouts in Seattle? That almost looks like Woodland park area but not 100%, but there could be some awesome drifting right there!!!!!

Lucky bastard in the snow with an RS6 on snow shoes!
The only thing better would be on a frozen lake with studded shoes and sliding around and bullying BMWs/Mercs/Porsches...

Quattros need nice shoes.

That pic would be about 20 miles ENE of Woodland park, in Woodinville, on my dead end street.

Ben - my VIN is 9055797. I would be curious to know if it has been on the list. I almost asked this before I bought it, but did not feel that that would be right.

Craig

JSRS6
January 22nd, 2012, 05:53
one too many numbers, should be a 6 digit #.

NSU RS6
January 22nd, 2012, 16:18
Welcome.

Thanks nene.

Looking at your join date, I bet you know quite a bit more than "Welcome".

Regards,

Craig

NSU RS6
January 22nd, 2012, 16:21
one too many numbers, should be a 6 digit #.

Thanks JSRS6, I thought I had edited that, and now it won't let me. 905797.