PDA

View Full Version : Colour

Amar
January 14th, 2012, 11:58
I miss the colour DIS I had in my S8, here is a photo I took of it.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/AmarS8/DSC_0101.jpg

As you can see, it looks a hell of a lot better then the C5 RS 6 one. All D2 models made after 1999 came with this dash, and I've sourced myself one from an A8. I'm going to take out the screen and the plan would be to fit it in the RS 6. I may seek some help from one of the, DIS repair companies on how to remove and install. Can anyone see any reason why this wouldn't work, and why I should stop now?

Edit: Stupid title, was supposed to say colour DIS or color DIS, depending on which side of the pond your on.

marklar182
January 14th, 2012, 13:15
It wont be as easy as swapping just the screen, you need the driver chips, ect. on the cluster PCB. The RS6 cluster probably wont support these additional chips.

What it boils down to is it wont work :(

kday
January 15th, 2012, 00:04
Well, it's certainly possible with enough effort... but how easy it is really depends on how modular the cluster is, and how similar the D2 and C5 cluster electronics are. No way to know until you try :)

bmwade
July 11th, 2012, 12:34
Did this work? If so I want to do this! I agree 100% that the screen was better on other cars! I have a B6 S4 and it looks like the screen is essentially the same size, so I'm my head it seems like it should work just fine! Didn't the C6 use the same screen as well? Would also love to have the extra trip computer for short journeys that my S4 has! I know people with over on the Touareg forums did this mod to the older ones without color screens and it was supposedly relitavely simple! (they even had odometer on the screen and a 3rd trip computer that showed info since refuel!)

stubro
July 11th, 2012, 18:29
I remember that there were discussions over at the old NavPlus site about it and it was not a simple thing to do. Try this site http://audiforum.us/forums/navigation-units.39/