PDA

View Full Version : MTM alternate for the MAF bushing's that seem to the be a weak point

bakes
January 13th, 2012, 20:18
Having recently been on the MTM website for the Montreal supplier I noticed one of the items they listed for sale was a stronger bushing kit.

Price is not cheap at 238 euro but if they last then it may be an option for those looking...

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/Audi/RS6/4-2-T-331-kW-450-hp-Quattro?FZID=RS6331Q&KIT=m-rs6drve

speedtrapped
January 13th, 2012, 20:50
Wow, not cheap. I know OEM are $160 pair. Are they metal? Interesting. I have the Apikol MAF seals, $40 for pair. They are indestructible, but I had a problem with them seating, I had to dab four points of glue to hold them, as they just fit. But once you push down the MAF housing the seal is super tight, matter fact it is rather hard to push them in..the housing is a hair wider then the ID of the MAF seal, causing the seal to do just that....seal.

bakes
January 13th, 2012, 20:56
They look to be metal in the picture but the fellow from Montreal said that it must be some sort of 'special metal' for that price. As you know, nothing is cheap on these cars.

Are you saying that the Apikol seals are now glue down onto the engine? Did you have a picture of them before installing them? I don't have any issues with mine that I am aware of but I've no ideal how often the the MAF's were pulled on my car.

speedtrapped
January 13th, 2012, 21:04
Apikol has pics on their face book page.

Chung
January 13th, 2012, 23:40
Depending on when they release the Apikol's that is what I am going with. Since you have yours already I am going to bet their 2-3 week estimate is accurate.

hahnmgh63
January 14th, 2012, 09:40
I have a set of the stronger bushing kit from MTM and they are not for the MAF seals, they are for round inlets at the front of the airbox to keep them from getting crushed when Morons clamp the plastic corrugated hoses down. I haven't even removed them, I just removed the clamps all together since there is no need for them in the first place.