PDA

View Full Version : Front rotor question

cruzanrs6
January 12th, 2012, 18:56
OK, so I'll ask anyway. Need front rotors for the beast, I can get the OEM's from NAPA for $300 3ea. (Yes NAPA has an arrangement with one of the local stealers and for what ever reason can get this pricing) this the cheapest I've seen them (considering on-line has been $300 + and then there is shipping). Should I pull the trigger or consider some thing else ? I'm also using the EBS reds.

TIA - Scott

ben916
January 12th, 2012, 19:10
If you get them from here -> http://audiusaparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215820 - there isn't any sales tax and it is closer to you.

I paid $280 each for OEM's, then had them FROZEN for $55 each(total round trip was $150 ish and about a week*), then installed and dealt with the squealing for 600 miles.
To me, the EBC Reds are far better than OEM any day of the week. If I had to get new pads to day, it would be the Hawks for street use.

4everRS
January 12th, 2012, 22:03
Scott, what is the napa part number?

cruzanrs6
January 12th, 2012, 22:06
I'll have to check, will get back to you.

Antagonist
January 12th, 2012, 22:21
What exactly does "Frozen" mean" I've seen that a couple of times now. I assume it improves longevity.

nistah
January 12th, 2012, 22:38
OK, so I'll ask anyway. Need front rotors for the beast, I can get the OEM's from NAPA for $300 3ea. (Yes NAPA has an arrangement with one of the local stealers and for what ever reason can get this pricing) this the cheapest I've seen them (considering on-line has been $300 + and then there is shipping). Should I pull the trigger or consider some thing else ? I'm also using the EBS reds.

TIA - Scott
I have an extra brand new in box oem set of front rotors for the US spec RS6 PM me if your interested in a deal . I do not have pads, but used EBC Reds with my fronts and with the proper break in method have been happy with those....heard EBC yellows are good stoppers as well but make a lot of noise...

4everRS
January 12th, 2012, 22:40
Cryogenically treated.

Frozenrotors.com

cruzanrs6
January 13th, 2012, 06:08
I have an extra brand new in box oem set of front rotors for the US spec RS6 PM me if your interested in a deal . I do not have pads, but used EBC Reds with my fronts and with the proper break in method have been happy with those....heard EBC yellows are good stoppers as well but make a lot of noise...

Let me know about the rotors you can email to cruzancouple@frontier.com

Brav
January 13th, 2012, 08:48
Do yourself a favor and dont get EBC. they will temd to overtemp yur rotors and leave excess buildup.