PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Audi A3 interior revealed (and front shot)

HKS786
January 10th, 2012, 21:14
First and foremost, the dashboard is angled towards the driver so controls are easily accessible. There's also a new MMI control panel with larger knob that incorporates a touchpad for handwriting recognition and precise clicks. Other highlights include a leather-wrapped steering wheel, circular air vents, a thin strip of aluminum trim and a pop-up infotainment system with a seven-inch display.

Speaking of the latter, it is being described as "German engineering meets Silicon Valley." Jointly developed with Nvidia, the new "modular infotainment platform" will utilize a dual-core Tegra 2 processor which is clocked at 1.2 GHz. It will be part of an MMX (Multi-Media eXtension) board that will be responsible for handling the car's internet, navigation and telephone functions. Later on, the system will be upgraded with a quad-core Tegra 3 processor which can be clocked at 1.4 GHz.

The A3 will also offer a next-generation heads-up display with advanced graphics. According to Audi, when the car "approaches an intersection with the navigation system activated, the driver sees a transparent route arrow outside of the vehicle, positioned precisely at the real intersection. As the intersection nears, the arrow becomes larger. At a distance of 10 meters (32.81 feet), it appears to be about the same size as a real physical arrow on the pavement."

There will also be an optional Phone Box which "couples cell phones of any type to the vehicle perfectly."

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/112011039641/2012-audi-a3-interior-unveiled#ixzz1j5ndUrM7

HKS786
January 10th, 2012, 21:18
I think the area around gearbox looks a lot better. However, I think the centre console looks realy plain now since the screen has been moved up. Also, I would 100% take the new A3 over the 1 series based on exterior but I think the 1 series has a much better interior.

HKS786
January 11th, 2012, 00:07
Another picture showing the A3

RXBG
January 11th, 2012, 15:29
i am really excited to see the sedan. in the US currently 43K for a decently equipped 211 hp A4 quattro with nav is ridiculous in my book (46K for an s-line LOL). 35K for a well equipped A3 sedan would be more logical. and fun. can use 8K for many other things.

The RS6
January 11th, 2012, 15:52
I'd like an A3 in the class of BMW 1 coupe. Small coupe...but not the TT :)

RXBG
January 11th, 2012, 20:27
anyone know when the A3 sedan debuts? i hear geneva. can anyone verify???????

The Pretender
January 15th, 2012, 07:16
The new A3 dash is a big improvement over current dashboard of Audi's.
It's a lot cleaner, most Audi dashboards are a mess, the A5 is king in that.

The Audi quattro Concept dashboard is a shiny example of how een modern dash should look like, simple and functional. (bauhaus)

http://stylesauto.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Audi_Quattro_Concept_2011_stylesauto_06.jpg

HKS786
January 15th, 2012, 13:30
Can't argue with that. Sometimes it makes sense to do without all the distractions and enjoy the drive instead :D

tailpipe
January 15th, 2012, 18:42
What none of these pictures reveal is that the new A3 is noticeably wider than the current one. i think it is going to be an excellent car.

How do you think this interior compares to that of the new Mercedes-Benz A-and B-Class? I thought the new B-Class looked great - very good ergonomics, very high quality materials, but slightly suspect aesthetically.

Jimmy Joe
January 16th, 2012, 02:58
Too plain for me, also, there's some BMW-likeness on the design of the dashboard, that concave beam coming at you, plain ugly. ¿ Where's Walter da Silva when you need him?