PDA

View Full Version : Now Why Didn't I Do This!!

Elevens
January 10th, 2012, 10:06
From RS246. I wonder how this sounds. I Aim to find out..........................

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/DarthsExhaust.jpg

skyegtb
January 10th, 2012, 10:22
Hi 11's. I have the MTM exhaust on my car and I rmoved the back boxes for straight pipes. That basically gives the same as your picture above. Unfortunately for me the noise was wayyyy too loud, boomy and droney so I removed the straight pipes and put the MTM back boxes on again. With the straight pipes the sound outside of the car was amazing but inside it was quite unpleasant and made my ears hurt! Not exactly what I had hoped for. Hope this helps.

JSRS6
January 10th, 2012, 15:37
From RS246. I wonder how this sounds. I Aim to find out..........................

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/DarthsExhaust.jpg

Ditto...

covertw12
January 10th, 2012, 16:32
I think with an X-pipe to balance out the wavelength & minimize drone you might have a shot at a workable system - assuming you wanted it "super -sporty"....... Burns makes a nice one that I used on my W12....

I bet on downshift you could get some fun flames out the back ! I know my 2.7t which ran almost the same setup would shoot 8-12" flames if I was running hot and did a hard downshift.....

someone has to pioneer this stuff........

E

kismetcapitan
January 11th, 2012, 03:30
that was exactly what I was planning in the fall; fortunately I didn't follow through. For any local exhaust fabricator, that would actually be a very economical way to get a sport exhaust. But, straight pipes do boom and drone, and I've decided that while I will likely get downpipes and get rid of the secondary cats, the complete SE exhaust will always remain.

4everRS
January 11th, 2012, 03:52
Now that we're on this topic, I am thinking about removing, my main cats(only my precats are gutted). I would like to simply cut out the whole cat and some of the pipe and replace it with a piece of stainless pipe. I worry that if I sell the beast someday(not planning that) and if that person was from a state requiring emissions checks, I would want to be able to reinstall the cat pipe. I'm not a welder, do I just have a exhaust shop take care of this for me?

This or replace my cats with higher flow units. Where to buy?

Am I wasting my time?

streetsoffire
January 11th, 2012, 04:27
Wouldn't an exhaust like that cause a "check engine" light? How would that be resolved?

4everRS
January 11th, 2012, 04:30
Wouldn't an exhaust like that cause a "check engine" light? How would that be resolved?

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/youmustbenewhere.jpg

Kidding, but you can either code it out with a tune or put O2 spacers in. The code out is preferred.

Hy Octane
January 11th, 2012, 04:34
I just removed the rear cans and had LaBree make custom quad straight pipes from where they were to the back..
Sounds like a Nascar motor. Only cost $400.