PDA

View Full Version : C5 RS6+ carbon fiber question....

Jimmy
January 9th, 2012, 14:28
OK, I have a near complete set of new C5 CF trim (that I'd like to sell btw)...it has a blue weave in it. Not sure if it is for a + or some other C5 model. 2 pieces look like they are from an earlier (pre-1999 chassis) tho and would not fit the newer C5s.

There are 2 other pieces included that appear to be from a USA RS6 (hazard switch panel and the shifter) that do not have the blue thread in it.

The set can be considered complete and fits Rs6s, newer C5s if you can live with the center vent and shifter trim w/o the blue weave in them. The set is complete in blue weave for an early chassis looks like.

My question is this ...is the blue weave set possibly from an S+ model (or something else) and what would be the correct part numbers for the hazard and shifter peices with the blue weave in it to fit the newer C5s vent and shifter slots?

PM me if interested in pix and buying the set with or w/o the 2 non-blue threaded CF peices. Thanks for the help/interest/clarification. :hey:

ben916
January 9th, 2012, 17:31
Blue Weave?!?!?

Not sure what that means or even looks like?!?

"an unmentioned company" has some very custom interesting carbon trim pieces for sale also - YELLOW and RED (the red one matches the interior accent lighting)

Can you post some photos so others can see what you are communicating?
As a visual person, I just can't seem to wrap my head around what "blue weave" is...

Thanks!

Jimmy
January 9th, 2012, 21:19
I'll get some pix up... hopefully this further explains.

See post #28...the CF has the blue in it. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/17161-RS6-post-pics-of-your-limited-s/page2

The 5 or 6 local RS6 sedans I've seen with CF do not have the blue threads in them....so I was wondering if only the RS6+s had them and if this set is for one.

Yeah, many outfits laying down CF...not so sure about yellow or red but that is subjective. Back in the old days with ur-S4/6s...if the CF had blue in it, it was OE and the set you wanted.

ben916
January 9th, 2012, 22:27
Here

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/AmarS8/0b56d73d.jpg
(http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv19/AmarS8/0b56d73d.jpg)

yokust
January 10th, 2012, 00:38
RS6+ had the blue weave in it, RS6 had standard weave.

I want it, but only want real OEM stuff.

It pops up on ebay.de every once and awhile but not sure if I want to spend the $$$$ people are normaly asking for it

Jimmy
January 10th, 2012, 16:01
The RS6+ blue weave CF IS expensive new (which these pieces are, except for the 2 standard Rs6 ones)...but my price I think is very reasonable.

Pix coming with OE part numbers...

streetsoffire
January 11th, 2012, 04:25
hmmmm.......I didn't see a price in your post.......

hahnmgh63
January 11th, 2012, 04:35
I have the Carbon fiber pieces in my six with the blue weave. My car came with the wood trim and I bought the pieces from Terrytl a few years back. I think it was an available option on other C5 models as mine looks just like the RS6+ pieces but I don't have the numbered tag on any of them. The blue weave isn't real noticeable to the untrained eye but then I'm not looking at two pieces side by side either.

Jimmy
January 11th, 2012, 12:59
Thanx for that, yes, I wondered if it were an option for C5s as it has the dash pieces from an early car. Its all new genuine 'Novem' manufacture.

True, the blue it isn't THAT noticeable, especially since the 2 pieces in my set that are non-blue weave don't mate up to any of the blue weave stuff.

Pix and part numbers comin'... been busy driving in this cold weather in New England with no snow yet !!!

$700

Stephencl
April 19th, 2012, 22:28
Folks,

The blue weave WAS the carbon fibre for Europe. We got different stuff. I ordered all the carbon bits for my 2002 S8, from Audi, all blue carbon weave. If I look at the UK based RS6 ordering book, yup blue weave.

4everRS
June 11th, 2013, 06:24
I have the Carbon fiber pieces in my six with the blue weave. My car came with the wood trim and I bought the pieces from Terrytl a few years back. I think it was an available option on other C5 models as mine looks just like the RS6+ pieces but I don't have the numbered tag on any of them. The blue weave isn't real noticeable to the untrained eye but then I'm not looking at two pieces side by side either.
I need a couple pieces to finish off my carbon trim replacement. I have the blue weave on most peices, but need a few more.

Could you or someone do me a huge favor and list the part numbers from the (1) shifter surround, (2) hazard surround, and (3) ashtray?

This would be an enormous help to me.

Erik
June 11th, 2013, 07:09
RS6+ had the blue weave in it, RS6 had standard weave.

Thanks, I hade no idea.