PDA

View Full Version : Audi Private Drive La Jolla Jan 6th - Jan 8th

ben916
January 8th, 2012, 06:56
Yep, another day with John (audi5000csqt) and I to terrorize the street and canyons of San Diego, California in 9 R8's courtesy of AoA...

Photos and videos to follow...:R8:

AUDI5000CSTQ
January 9th, 2012, 04:10
The RS6 is a lead sled

Now that I have your attention. Today was the second R8 drive. This one was from La Jolla to Carlsbad and back.
Ben and I were in the Red convertible with the Manual and ceramic breaks. Now I have had the Euro-charge ECU and MTM TCU
suspension upgrades, but I don't care what we do, we are not going to put our cars on a 1000 lb diet.
After throwing that car around like I stole it up to 140 and through I5 traffic, I got in mine ant felt like I was driving a bus.

The convertible did not have the throttle response as our manual Blue one of 3 weeks ago, we figured it to be slightly heaver, but the brakes were unbelievable.
We put them to extreme test many times, no fade.
Had a rear window camera mount for a while, until Ben took a quick turn and things that brake free in a convertible are soon out.
Fortunate the camera was not in the mount when Newtons first law was tested.

The drive was in two parts. Ben took the first part. A back twisty road, where he got a chance to turn off the ESP and do two slides.
I took the return trip, through stop and go traffic next to the beach in Carlsbad, and an I5 run back to La Jolla.
I tested the through traffic weaving stance.
Both driver's and passenger's seating was extremely comfortable and the interior had enough gizmo's to keep you entertained.
Generally a very well made car, except if you were like the black convertible and as they were pulling off the freeway their top down, the rear window explodes inward. Nothing like the nice Springtime days in San Diego to bring out moms in minivans with guns, don't cut them off.

I'll post as many photos as I can figure out how.

Benman
January 13th, 2012, 03:39
If there is going to be a near future event, hit me up. I'll make the time! :cheers: