PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory new guy post

Back in Black
January 7th, 2012, 23:54
Been lurking for a year or so, bought VIN 905354 in September 2010 or so at about 40k miles. Black/Black, warm weather package, SE exhaust, Fidelity warranty, stock as far as I've been able to tell. I'm the third owner, car was in VA and Boulder, CO before I bought it.

No big plans, other than MTM TCU at this point, but from owning previous Audis, I know it's a slippery slope.

One noob question I've not been able to find an answer to - does anyone have pictures of the diverter valves? Mine appear to be aftermarket Dahlback Racing valves, I know lots of people replaced the stock DV's on the B5 S4, but haven't heard much about it here.

MaxRS6
January 8th, 2012, 00:08
Welcome aboard the..

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1293713060

Several of us (including Max) run the Stratmosphere Hyperboost DV's. I tossed my OEM DV's or I'd take a pic.

lswing
January 8th, 2012, 01:39
Enjoy the Beast!

amanda
January 8th, 2012, 18:55
Hi and welcome :) I too have dumped my oems as I now run forge on mine :) so sorry I cannot help!

Erik
January 8th, 2012, 19:22
Hi - warm welcome to RS6.com.

Back in Black
January 9th, 2012, 14:51
Thanks Erik, it's an excellent resource. Thank you!

ben916
January 9th, 2012, 17:37
Been lurking for a year or so, bought VIN 905354 in September 2010 or so at about 40k miles. Black/Black, warm weather package, SE exhaust, Fidelity warranty, stock as far as I've been able to tell. I'm the third owner, car was in VA and Boulder, CO before I bought it.

No big plans, other than MTM TCU at this point, but from owning previous Audis, I know it's a slippery slope.

One noob question I've not been able to find an answer to - does anyone have pictures of the diverter valves? Mine appear to be aftermarket Dahlback Racing valves, I know lots of people replaced the stock DV's on the B5 S4, but haven't heard much about it here.

Welcome!

Your VIN is one earlier than mine!

If you are looking for photos of the DV, search for user V8Weight and he had some photos of the DV (OEM) and some replacements...

Back in Black
January 9th, 2012, 18:36
Cool, do you know your build date?

Thanks for the info, I'll see what photos I can find.

ben916
January 9th, 2012, 22:40
Cool, do you know your build date?

Thanks for the info, I'll see what photos I can find.

22nd September 2003 - lateknight provided me with this information