PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in 03 RS6

rolliefingers
January 6th, 2012, 21:51
Toying with the idea of selling my 2003 RS6. Gray/Black with 37,000 miles. Car is is perfect condition inside and out. Carbon package, navigation, sport exhaust, sunshade, solar roof, rear spoiler, and 19" oem S8 Wheels. Looking to get low 30's. Pics coming

4.2Crew
January 7th, 2012, 01:29
Where are you located? Are you the original owner? Any body work or major mechanical repairs? Do you have the original OEM wheels?

rolliefingers
January 7th, 2012, 01:36
Vehicle is in Boston, MA. I'm second owner. I have owned the car for about a year now. No body work. Previous owner had DRC repair done. I do not have 18" wheels. Full service records. I just did the 55k service. I have installed MTM TCU

4.2Crew
January 7th, 2012, 23:14
Sounds like a gem... I think the market has priced the car somewhat lower... You may consider keeping and just enjoying the ride!

I turned down buying a 1-owner 40k mile example in MN this Spring for $35k.... Same car just sold on Friday for $28.9... By the time I got word it was listed, it sold.

http://www.autosourcemn.com/inventorydetails.aspx?cid=1728

Good Luck if you decide to sell!

rolliefingers
January 7th, 2012, 23:16
Thanks!! I might just post it on Ebay and see what happens. I appreciate the input

4.2Crew
January 7th, 2012, 23:24
Thanks!! I might just post it on Ebay and see what happens. I appreciate the input

I think Ebay has tweek'd the listing/selling fees to minimize the the cost of listing... Great marketing visability for an iconic vehicle!

4.2Crew
January 7th, 2012, 23:30
I'm second owner. I have owned the car for about a year now.

Just out of curiousity, why are you considering selling?

rolliefingers
January 9th, 2012, 17:25
Baby on the way and the wife is already starting with the "you don't need an extra car" argument.

ben916
January 9th, 2012, 17:27
Baby on the way and the wife is already starting with the "you don't need an extra car" argument.

uh oh!

"You don't need that Ducati 916 right now, you can get another later"
"You don't need that H&K SP89 right now, you can get another later"
"You don't need that H&K Benelli Super 90 with ghost ring sights and pistol grip, you can get another later"

Famous last words...

rolliefingers
January 9th, 2012, 17:30
I'm beginning to think I might not need a wife and I can get another one later !!!

4.2Crew
January 9th, 2012, 17:45
Have you tried playing the safety card?.... All-wheel drive, air bags everywhere, stopping effeciency, heavy etc?

Let me know if/once/where you list it....

ben916
January 9th, 2012, 17:56
The pricing of a 916 is about $5k (I sold it for $11k)
The pricing of a H&K SP89 (if you can FIND one) is $5k (I sold it for $2.5k)
The pricing of a H&K Super 90 (if you can FIND one) is $2k (I sold it for $900)

I told her in November that I would be looking for a SP89 again and I mentioned the price, she said it is either THAT or Audi parts (read as fun parts) = I am good with the Audi parts :)

Back on TOPIC:
There are PLENTY of examples inwhich someone sells their beloved BEAST only to want it back in 30-60 days...

TozoM8
January 9th, 2012, 18:30
Ask her if she wants those Irish sunglasses now or she will get some later :0)