PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal clicker woes

PixieVC
December 26th, 2011, 01:48
After a long trip, my car gives me my first headache. After using the right turn signal to change lanes - the clicking mechanism seemed to be going crazy! Clickclickclickclicktyclick from behind my dash, and the thing just would NOT turn off!

Turn the turn signals or hazards on and the clicking resumes normal speed... stop doing it and the clicker goes nuts, energized - like it won't turn off...

It eventually stopped after about 15 minutes... but every time I used the turn signals, the clicky-sound would stay on for a moment...

Anyone know what the issue is? This one is likely to be more annoying than my trunk squeak if I can't solve it...

RS6NZ
December 26th, 2011, 02:33
I had a really similar experience. Ended up replacing the stalk assembly - from memory it was the relay that was failing. Also from memory it requires the whole stalk to be replaced, can't change out the relay only (or that's what the service guy told me).

JSRS6
December 26th, 2011, 03:28
Your service guy may have got ya. Did you foot the bill?

Andria, the hazard switch houses the hazard and turn signal relay. It's about $50, easy swap. Could also be the stalk, but less likely.

4everRS
December 26th, 2011, 03:38
Your service guy may have got ya. Did you foot the bill?

Andria, the hazard switch houses the hazard and turn signal relay. It's about $50, easy swap. Could also be the stalk, but less likely.
I agree. Need a new relay. Not a stalk

RS6NZ
December 26th, 2011, 18:52
Sorry guys, I should have checked my service records rather than relying on memory (too much Xmas cheer!). Relay was indeed changed first, however in this case it didn't fix the problem, and they then changed the stalk, and that did.

Chung
December 26th, 2011, 21:29
I have had to replace both the hazard switch and the stalk.

yokust
December 27th, 2011, 00:42
If it clicks after using the turn signals, and randomly clicks at times its almost always the turn signal switch/stalk

If it stops clicking while having the turn signals on its almost always the Eflasher switch/relay

kday
December 27th, 2011, 01:42
Did I read somewhere that there is an upgraded turn signal relay which adds the 3 flash lane change function? If so maybe this can be a repair and an upgrade :)

ben916
December 27th, 2011, 03:25
Did I read somewhere that there is an upgraded turn signal relay which adds the 3 flash lane change function? If so maybe this can be a repair and an upgrade :)

Kday, nope - this is adding the komfortblinker (3 blink relay) inline from the stock to the relay so once initiated via the stock, regardless, it blinks 3 times.

As my service advisor at PureMS once stated: Start with the cheapest thing first = Turn signal relay first (but as Yokust has stated above, the turn signal does work and flash so I sounds like the stock...)