PDA

View Full Version : Is it just the power causing shudder? 515+ with aggresive tune...

lswing
December 16th, 2011, 17:50
Replaced my bad engine mount, all trans mounts look good, and everything should be bolted down tight. So here's what I still get, some shudder under hard accel, feeling mostly when in Tip, any speed. Is this because the TC is locked up and the drivetrain and engine are so tight that the power shakes the car some?

It's a good shuddering of the car, not horrible, but feeds back up to the steering wheel. The shudder is mostly gone though when I drive the same in auto modes. The power transfer seems "softer" when in auto. Anybody have similar driving feelings, or do I just need to bolt more s@#t down?

I'll test more this weekend, cheers! :)

Chung
December 16th, 2011, 17:57
Mine has the described shudder between 60-70. It is a little annoying but I don't think anything is broken (crossing my fingers).

lswing
December 16th, 2011, 18:02
My shudder can happen anytime I put my foot more than half way in while in Trip. 0-60, 30-80, 60 to Warp:) Feels like the whole drivetrain to me, not real bad shudder, but there none the less.

JSRS6
December 16th, 2011, 20:00
Have you looked at the rear diff mount? The prop shaft bushing? When my s4 started getting that shudder under hard acceleration, it was the prop shaft bushing.

lswing
December 16th, 2011, 20:03
Have you looked at the rear diff mount? The prop shaft bushing? When my s4 started getting that shudder under hard acceleration, it was the prop shaft bushing.

Very good, I'll take a look when we can, thanks! I know the center dif slips a bit when pulling in and out of driveways, wonder if this adds to it?

SzymekCRX
December 16th, 2011, 21:50
Did You inpect Your axles ? I wrote a post how to check them.

Amar
December 17th, 2011, 02:28
Apologies in advance for the off topic question - but why did you rid your car of it's auxiliary radiators and were there any benefits in doing so?

lswing
December 17th, 2011, 02:41
Apologies in advance for the off topic question - but why did you rid your car of it's auxiliary radiators and were there any benefits in doing so?

Amar, not a worry. I removed the aux rads because one was leaking badly and the other was starting to leak. After reading multiple threads here about cars in a cooler climate being fine without them, I just had them removed and the pipe connected to itself. Granted I live in Oregon, and all but about 2 months out of the year it's cool air. There is also a minimal benefit of allowing the air to flow better through the IC's along with not having a chunk of metal behind them to act as another heat sink. So to recap, saved money while preventing a future issue of new aux rads leaking, and helped out the IC's a bit, all assuming the car stays in a cool climate things should be fine. Has run great since the mod, cheers!