PDA

View Full Version : Changing the interior trim- Carbon Fiber to Wood

PixieVC
December 11th, 2011, 19:35
Hi All: as the topic says, how hard is it to change/replace the interior trim pieces on cars that shipped with the carbon fiber interior?

Anyone have a wood set for sale? Or possibly wish to trade? I'm looking to replace the carbon fiber interior with the Gray Poplar Wood option that shipped with the cars, or just about any wood kit that would look good with my white interior...

Anybody do this before - any tips, tricks, etc I should know before I find myself at the bottom of a rabbit hole? Thanks!

JSRS6
December 11th, 2011, 20:21
Every piece pops off or unclips, except for the piece under the armrest. That one requires removal of armrest. Id be happy to swap you if you pay shipping...;-)

b5widebody
December 12th, 2011, 05:43
pm send to you

hahnmgh63
December 12th, 2011, 05:50
I have the wood trim in a box. Mine came with the wood trim and I swapped it for a Euro set of Carbon that has a Blue weave in it.

PixieVC
December 12th, 2011, 05:58
OK! I've worked out a tentative deal with a member here - so thank you everyone for stepping in with your offers, but I think I'm good to go.

My questions regarding how to remove the trim still stand. They snap out or pop out... how do I get them to pop out? Jam a flathead screwdriver in somewhere, and pry off? There has to be a trick to removing them without damaging them...

JSRS6
December 12th, 2011, 13:30
Vamos, troll.

Jimmy
December 12th, 2011, 19:50
You'd be best to use a plastic pry tool (Swaben makes a good set)....just go slow and carefully around the edges, they will pop up/off with a little bit of gentle work. Be careful, the clearcoat tends to crack on the longer pieces if you bend them too much.

I'm looking for the walnut shift surround (un-cracked ) if anyone has... I have a near full set of the OE blue weave carbon (all new )for sale as well. (missing the hazard switch piece and shift surround)

Justin9212
December 14th, 2011, 14:27
My car currently has wood grain trim and I would love to have the CF if anyone wants to swap. I'll pay shipping.

MaxRS6
December 15th, 2011, 02:03
^Flipping spammer go away!!! We don't like your kind in these parts....

kday
December 15th, 2011, 02:28
I would trade a north face jacket for carbon fiber trim! /spam troll

JSRS6
December 15th, 2011, 03:40
Randy, what happened to your sig?

^Flipping spammer go away!!! We don't like your kind in these parts....