PDA

View Full Version : johnnie follow up wheel fitment

johnnie27
December 9th, 2011, 06:00
boys some of you provided deltails for me of your rim size and offset

as i am ordering custom wheels i thought best to double check my own car

so went to a race shop (specialize in Rally and tarmac rally cars) very qualified folks

anyway we pulled of a front and rear wheel

and there is no way (on my car anyway) that i can fit a 19x9.5 rim

the upright at the front has about 2mm clearance (with my factory 19x9) the tyre is nearly touching as it is, so if i was to come out to a 9.5 inch rim i would have to come about 23mm further out (1 inch nearly) (my et would have to go from 35 to 28 and that will not sit well with my fender at all (maybe this is due to the lower ride height)

could our cars have possibly different components ?

i would have to roll and lip my gaurds to go any bigger, so i have to stick w/ my std wheel size at best i could push it to a 19x9 et 32

just thought i would pass this on

thanks again

john

ben916
December 9th, 2011, 06:30
there is a knob on the upright that the Brits call Knobbie and they grind it down otherwise it rubs on the inside of the tire and pop!
I would look at RS246 for the threads...

Elevens
December 9th, 2011, 16:07
I don't see how the Aussie RS6 can be different from ours, but who knows. Unless you actually fit them on, I would be skeptical of that conclusion. I am Running a 19X10 ET35 with a 5mm spacer Lowered with 275-30-19 Tires and have no issues. So unless your car is drastically different (which I doubt) I would check again....

Brav
December 9th, 2011, 21:48
Yea I run the same as Elevens.. works. just rubs on occasion when on a 90mph sweeper at near 1G lateral force..

johnnie27
December 10th, 2011, 00:00
Yea I run the same as Elevens.. works. just rubs on occasion when on a 90mph sweeper at near 1G lateral force..

thanks boys

griding and gaurd rolling is not for me, so i am going to be soft and run the std size 19x9 i can push the offset 2-3mm max on my car so i will go with a ET33 (as i love to push the car) turns & bumps etc

not much different i know, but the wheels should be much nicer than the factory plane janes

cheers fellas

john