PDA

View Full Version : spot the difference!

kismetcapitan
December 5th, 2011, 01:01
here's the front of my car. I made a small alteration, and am wondering if it's noticeable. (It's not the German plate btw!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/tobereeno/file-31.jpg

4everRS
December 5th, 2011, 01:16
theres someone in it?

Is there something in your lower grill?

kismetcapitan
December 5th, 2011, 01:20
I replaced a part in plain sight...I'm wondering how obvious it is.

4everRS
December 5th, 2011, 01:30
Driver headlight looks cleaner. Could be the lighting though.

hahnmgh63
December 5th, 2011, 01:52
Need clear corners :) I just did this to my car finally while everything was apart.

JSRS6
December 5th, 2011, 01:59
It would probably help if there was a before and after pic. It does appear that you have a front laser behind the lower grille. But I'm gonna guess the RS6 emblem in the upper grille?

SAF
December 5th, 2011, 02:23
I replaced a part in plain sight...I'm wondering how obvious it is.

You replaced an existing part with an OEM part? I give up. The hood?

topcat_92
December 5th, 2011, 02:44
It took a while to pick it up, but I thingk there is something behind the lower grill, say 12" wide x 1" tall? Am I right? What is it?

ben916
December 5th, 2011, 02:53
The corners look VERY orange!

Normally there is the orange bulb and the corner shield but not the entire thing...

kismetcapitan
December 5th, 2011, 05:54
interesting!

when I got the car, the headlights were a bit rough. The driver's side polished out better than the passenger side, but I do need to spend more time with the polishing kit to eventually buff it all out.

behind the grille, that is the K40 radar detector, which came with the car.

It is in fact the RS6 badge. It's a new one, for a C6 RS6. It's a lot bigger, at least when held side by side. I got it by mistake; thought it'd be for a C5 (or that there wasn't a difference). Anyways, fitting it required cutting some tabs off and then supergluing it in place, as the remaining tabs didn't hold it that tightly.

I was afraid it'd be garishly and ridiculously oversized, but apparently it works!

re: the amber inserts. If the headlights weren't so difficult to remove, I'd have already done so, baked them open, and removed the offending inserts. I could also then use a stationary buffing wheel to get the lenses perfectly clear again.

What was Audi thinking when they designed headlights that require taking apart the whole front end to get to??