PDA

View Full Version : ipod interface....tried to install an xcarlink iphone/bluetooth adaptor this weekend.

bakes
December 4th, 2011, 23:53
Well, I did manage to do the install but after only having used it for 1/2 a day I'm going to pull it.

Issues:
1. when I went to plug in the bluetooth wire into the main body of the unit I must have pushed too hard as the recepticle moved or disloged and it went into the unit. I'd have to take the entire body apart to try and reset the female receptacle so the bluetooth is not available. Chalk that up to me being too strong possibly but the unit is not made very well.
2. The iphone adaptor connects, but you only get a sequence number and no song title. The problem I've found is that the receptacle does not lock into the phone and therefore it loses connection constantly and reset's itself. I've given up using it after a 1/2 hour drive.
3. There also seems to be an issue with the unit in that the phone when searching for a wireless host makes a beeping noise through the stereo. I'm not sure what that's called but I hear the same noise when I take my phone near my desktop computer through the computers speakers.

All in all, in my opinion this unit does not do it's job so I'm pulling it. Lesson learned for me and I think the only option will be either RNS-E or aftermarket.

Stay away from xcarlink.

ben916
December 5th, 2011, 02:57
RNS-E.... contact ZAWA for a unit

bakes
December 5th, 2011, 03:23
yeah...he's the guy selling new RNSE's right on Quattroworld? I've already sent him an email.