PDA

View Full Version : is there a spot where we can find our radio codes?

bakes
December 2nd, 2011, 01:53
I'm about to try and add an ipod interface to my car this weekend and if by chance I unplug it I believe I'll need the radio code to reactivate it right? Where can I find this code? In the owners manual or on the radio itself (I doubt this). Which wire on the back is power? I've search but not found any thread with a similar topic.

Any help would be appreciated?

ben916
December 2nd, 2011, 04:41
I would like to know this also as I am adding PHATNOISE soon :)

It has been discussed before and IIRC, the consensus believes that if you unplug the head unit, do "something", plug it back in = no problemo
Some have also stated that the "code" is on top of the head unit.

ThrillHouse
December 2nd, 2011, 14:21
Sometimes the code is on the radio, sometimes not. I added an AUX adapter and I can tell you that I did not end up needing the code but your results may vary.

I *think* it needs a code when its a new radio in a different car. If its already mated to that car, the code isn't needed. I don't know for sure but thats been my experience

bakes
December 2nd, 2011, 18:41
Thanks for the input....we'll see tonight when I give it a go!

SteveKen
December 2nd, 2011, 20:38
I think you can buy a new Symphony II radio for less money than the dealer charges for getting the code.

Just an FYI in case you immobilize it.

mmaturo
December 6th, 2011, 04:12
Mine were on the unit. If you can find the original radio booklet with your owners manual it should be in there as well.