PDA

View Full Version : p0441 code and its not the n80

fly5150
November 30th, 2011, 19:26
So I have been getting the p0441 code off and on the last month, and bought a new n80 valve from ECS. Put that in the car, (which had been replaces once already) and the code came on again.
I just had the car in to the dealer and they did the fuel tank roll over vent recall. Any other ideas on what to look at or test?

SzymekCRX
November 30th, 2011, 20:09
I've got this code come ocasionally. I suspect EVAP canister or even the tank cap that can be damaged. Although the LDP doesn't find any leaks it has to do something with the overall flow... p0441 is just about incorrect flow. Did You change Your fuel type lately ?

Check this out BTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfj-F_pTj5M

bentleyha
December 1st, 2011, 02:11
So I have been getting the p0441 code off and on the last month, and bought a new n80 valve from ECS. Put that in the car, (which had been replaces once already) and the code came on again.
I just had the car in to the dealer and they did the fuel tank roll over vent recall. Any other ideas on what to look at or test?

Same here just got my rs6 about a little over month ago. All was good then had the local dealer do a once over and they did the fuel tank roll over vent recall. Bam code came in. And like you on and off

lswing
December 1st, 2011, 03:19
Just dealt with some EVAP issues, but the incorrect fuel flow is different. EVAP code is checked every time the car starts, pressure test on system, sensitive. Now that the pressure test is done, you've got an issue with the fuel flowing, not what you want obviously. No answers yet here, but just saying caution with the throttle, last thing you want is lean. Get the fuel lines smoke tested.

hahnmgh63
December 1st, 2011, 07:15
Having the Fuel tank recall is suspect, coincidental? Definitely don't overfill your tank as raw fuel can get into the Charcoal canister. Do you garage your car as being that the cold Wx has started sometimes moisture can get into the valve & freeze causing a code. You can also try a new gas cap or wipe a little bit of oil on the gas cap rubber seal to improve the seal. Are the codes intermittent or actually throwing the CEL?

fly5150
December 2nd, 2011, 17:16
Garage kept, throwing a CEL. Ususally takes a hundred or 200 miles to come on. I am going to lube the gas cap. Also thinking about trying to pressure test in Vag i read about. see if I can find a leak.

SzymekCRX
December 3rd, 2011, 17:29
Cay You do something for me ?

Can You please detach the hose marked below (left of the N80) and blow trough it ?

I have the same CEL code and my hose is makes hissing sound that comes from the wheel area when blowing. Maybe this is my CEL's cause.

Is Your circuit pressure tight ?

hahnmgh63
December 3rd, 2011, 18:16
I can check it tonight but I won't be home from work until late. I just hooked that Solenoid up last night buttoning up a few things from the engine installl. My engine compartment looks much more uncluttered without the Secondary Air Injection system now. I was able to Tie wrap that ventilation Solenoid to the firewall without the SAI pump there anymore.

SzymekCRX
December 3rd, 2011, 18:28
Yes, I remember that You're the only one who got rid of SAI during engine pull :)

I know that You don't ahve any CELs because of that thanks to Your REVO :)

I'll be gratefull if You could check that for me :)

hahnmgh63
December 4th, 2011, 01:30
Yes I can blow through the hose to the Charcoal canister freely. I can not blow or suck through the valve though so until it is powered on to let the pressure flow, the valve must be closed.

hahnmgh63
December 4th, 2011, 04:52
I have a '06 Cayenne Turbo S (Fun SUV, 521bhp 539 lb/ft Tq) and the purge valve looks the same as on the RS6 ( I should check to see if there is a manufacturer #, possibly the same) and is a fairly common failure. When it fails on the Cayenne it regularly causes long cranking times after filling the tank. Can you put 12V to the valve and see if it works?
Wow, $99.70 for the valve, 077133517C (javascript:;) I should see if the Porsche valve is the same as it is much less at $51.97 and even has a 12" replacement hose attached to it.

SzymekCRX
December 4th, 2011, 07:46
Yes I can blow through the hose to the Charcoal canister freely. I can not blow or suck through the valve though so until it is powered on to let the pressure flow, the valve must be closed.

Thanks. Did You hear charcoal canister hissing ?

hahnmgh63
December 4th, 2011, 14:28
No I didn't hear any hissing per se, just the sound of the air entering but I would not describe it as a hissing sound. There was extremely little restriction, the air flowed very freely into the charcoal canister. But it does have me wondering if the Porsche Purge valve is the same as the Audi part. I will check to see if there is a part # from the manufacturer on it as it looks identical and is almost 1/2 price of the Audi part. I have found at times for the Cayenne there are a few items that the platform other than the body shares with the VW Toureg and many times the part is cheaper from Porsche than from VW?