PDA

View Full Version : Did Apikol build a better mouse trap...Apikol made MAF seals.

speedtrapped
November 30th, 2011, 17:14
Ok I order the Apikol Trans mount(i have thier Diff), Apikol was kind enough to supply me with their newly designed MAF seals.
Every owner knows, the $80/per OEM MAF seals are a joke...in that as soon as they are installed, everytime the MAF house is removed, a little bit of life in the seal is lost.
So Apikol designed a solution, I believe out of poly.....they have test fitted them on 2 cars so far and have no issues and a TIGHT seal...yokust maybe?

So Doug sent me a set free(what is really nice is, he never mentioned it...I actually saw it itemized on an email receipt), as he just a new shipment in and decided if I took them and tried them i will share with you.

So unless yokust has them, I cant attest until i get car back tomorrow...I have to ask Dion to take a pic so I can share w/ u all. Btw they are way cheaper then stock.

Fingers XXed

speedtrapped
November 30th, 2011, 17:30
heres a pic from thier FB page

ben916
November 30th, 2011, 17:34
Interested!!!

JSRS6
November 30th, 2011, 17:58
Hey apikol,

Please convert to HTML5 so everyone can view your page.

Thanks,
Rest of the World.

speedtrapped
November 30th, 2011, 18:04
^^^ I hear ya josh....cant access on my Ipad, cant access on my windows based PC....i found the pic from thier FB page.....still cool that a company like that would go to trouble to produce a cheap product that has been a HUGE headache for many RS6 owners.

JSRS6
November 30th, 2011, 18:09
Indeed! Looking forward to reviews...

MaxRS6
November 30th, 2011, 19:29
Add to pile- Sounds interesting and look forward to feedback

speedtrapped
November 30th, 2011, 19:48
I will log some #'s sat morn, when I'm out on the interstate @ 5am....hopefully some WOT 3rd gear pulls....hehehehehe
seriously I have NO idea if they are 'better'...I really hope so.

yokust
November 30th, 2011, 19:52
Yes, they have been on my car for awhile, before they fully released them. Mine were the test bed ones of course, and they went a few revisions for perfect fitment.

The new ones will be on my car when motor goes back here (hopefully soon)

speedtrapped
November 30th, 2011, 19:53
Yokust, awesome...Ty for the feedback.....Doug, Brendon seem like great guys, as I have only bought a couple diff items from them. Very solid that he gave me a set. Going in tonight!