PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the cupholder clips

mgerity
November 29th, 2011, 20:55
Okay, so inside the armrest there is a dual cupholder.
Works pretty well, but it's a very tight fit on my big, styrofoam cups, which makes the entire cupholder pull up and partyly out sometimes when I'm removing my drink. So, I removed it and looked at the bottom:
There are clearly some clips that can be moved in or out (so that their sharp tangs dig further or less into the sides of the cubby) by turning the little rings in the middle in between the cups. Turn one way, and it forces the clips further out, the other way allows them to slide further back in.

Simple enought, but the problem is that I can't find a way to turn the clips with the cupholder installed. If you turn them while the cupholder is out so that the tangs protrude far enough to really lock the cupholder in place, then you tear up the insides of the cubby trying to shove it back in. If you leave the clips in a position so that they don't tear up the cubby, then they aren't tight enough to hold the cupholder in place.

Any suggestions?

JSRS6
November 29th, 2011, 21:29
You piqued my interest enough so i went out to my car and figured it out for you. Pull the rubber mat out of the cup holder. Place the cup holder in the armrest. Turn the phillips heads. Replace mat.

JSRS6
November 29th, 2011, 21:30
Oh, and mine was the same way, just never bothered me enough to figure it out, lol.

Bigglezworth
November 30th, 2011, 07:30
Wow. I don't have this. I have that crazy ass arm for an outdated car phone...

mgerity
November 30th, 2011, 23:01
You piqued my interest enough so i went out to my car and figured it out for you. Pull the rubber mat out of the cup holder. Place the cup holder in the armrest. Turn the phillips heads. Replace mat.

Awesome! Thanks. Never thought about going in through the top.

JSRS6
December 1st, 2011, 00:42
No problem.